Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Interior/Exterior/Visual (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f176/)
-   -   tinted windshield and auto headlights (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f176/tinted-windshield-and-auto-headlights-62622.html)

nj newb 07-10-2013 09:57 AM

tinted windshield and auto headlights

I recently had my windshield tinted with 3M crystalline, 60%. And it obviously effects the auto headlights...anyone know if there's an adjustment for the sensitivity of the headlights? the lights flip on and off more often and I'd like to reduce that.

I've gone through the settings and didn't see anything.

CLStech 07-10-2013 10:08 AM

Little away from your question... Do you have any pics of the windshield tint. How do you like the 60‰?

nj newb 07-10-2013 10:15 AM

Re: tinted windshield and auto headlights

i had the 2 front side windows also tinted at the same time at 20%, so from the outside, especially on a sunny day, all you see is a reflective glare and it appears really dark.

from the inside, it's barely noticeable that the windshield is tinted.

I mainly wanted to reduce the heat in the cabin and felt the side profile would look nicer if the front windows matched the rear. I feel the heat reduction is noticeable, but it's difficult to measure since I also use the remote start to cool the car down before getting in.

I'll take pics later after work and post them up.

Jeep_addicted 07-10-2013 01:14 PM

I don't think there is a way to adjust the sensitivity.

The light sensor is in the center of the dash top, you can alway turn the switch to the off position in the day and and use the auto at night.

nj newb 07-10-2013 01:21 PM

on a side note, I just discovered the extra click on the interior lighting dimmer.

So while driving at night I noticed the screen was extra bright and figured it was because the cabin was darker from the tint. So I tried playing around with the settings, I had it set to auto and just assumed it was dimming and getting brighter with night and day...until I tried changing the setting.

The next day I remember the rolling adjustment on the left side of the dash and realized I had it on the setting right above the brightest, which sets it to bright 24/7.

So I've been driving around for about 3 months not knowing this. and now the interior lighting adjusts from bright to dim with the headlights...which is also why I was wondering if there was an adjustment to the sensitivity.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeep_addicted (Post 855946)

The light sensor is in the center of the dash top, you can alway turn the switch to the off position in the day and and use the auto at night.

nj newb 07-10-2013 01:23 PM

I thought the sensor was on the mounting point of the rear view mirror, near the windshield...if not, what is that sensor? (is it the rain sensor?)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeep_addicted (Post 855946)

nj newb 07-10-2013 05:35 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Here are some pics.

3M CS 20 on front sides and 3M crystalline 60 on windshield.

The fronts are a close match, not perfect but close enough.

Scottina06 07-10-2013 06:52 PM

unfortunately with 60% tint....your gonna have to deal with that. I had 70% on my 13' SRT and had no problems.

bigpappy33 07-11-2013 09:06 PM

I have 70% on my windshield too, and my lights kick on during my drive home from work around 6-7 if I am heading away from the sun. Once I go towards the sun it shuts off, so I know what you mean when you say it's a little annoying. 80% of the time it's not a problem though.