Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   2014+ Cherokee-KL (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f216/)
-   -   Turbo 2.4L Cherokee? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f216/turbo-2-4l-cherokee-62626.html)

suzieque 07-10-2013 11:28 AM

Turbo 2.4L Cherokee?
 
interesting future option

Jeep Cherokee SRT Rumored With Turbo V6 | AutoGuide.com News

I didn't realize till yesterday that the only engine option was a 2.4L, I thought a Pentastar 3.6L would fit, but I guess if the Cherokee is truly based on the Dart platform then a Penastar 3.6L cannot fit.

chriskan 07-10-2013 11:37 AM

No, the Cherokee also has a 3.2L V6 option.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

suzieque 07-10-2013 12:25 PM

Re: Turbo 2.4L Cherokee?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by chriskan (Post 855881)
No, the Cherokee also has a 3.2L V6 option.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

hmm, I only see 2.4l here 2014 Jeep Cherokee Equipment

chriskan 07-10-2013 12:41 PM

Re: Turbo 2.4L Cherokee?
 
Using AOL Autos instead of jeep.com or Milous' option list is probably your first mistake.:)

From jeep.com under the 2014 Cherokee more info
3.2L Pentastar®
V6 engine

The All-New 3.2L Pentastar® V6 engine and class-exclusive+ nine-speed automatic transmission offer outstanding performance. The 271 horsepower is a 28% improvement over the previous V6 engine. The engine also boasts 239 lb-ft of torque for a Best-in-Class towing capacity+ of up to 4,500 lbs when properly equipped+ with the available Trailer Tow Group.

Chris

tl47715 07-10-2013 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chriskan (Post 855924)
Using AOL Autos instead of jeep.com or Milous' option list is probably your first mistake.:)

From jeep.com under the 2014 Cherokee more info
3.2L Pentastar®
V6 engine

The All-New 3.2L Pentastar® V6 engine and class-exclusive+ nine-speed automatic transmission offer outstanding performance. The 271 horsepower is a 28% improvement over the previous V6 engine. The engine also boasts 239 lb-ft of torque for a Best-in-Class towing capacity+ of up to 4,500 lbs when properly equipped+ with the available Trailer Tow Group.

Chris

AOL Auto does have pricing, including the engine and axle ratios listed 4.04, 3.52, 3.25 (if I recall correctly).

Scottina06 07-10-2013 03:28 PM

Re: Turbo 2.4L Cherokee?
 
a KL Cherokee SRT is TOTAL BS and not in development at all.(confirmed by 3 sources...including Milous) Thye would build another dodge SRT before another Jeep is done......IE. Dart SRT or something along that small SRT line.

GunninIt 07-10-2013 05:25 PM

Re: Turbo 2.4L Cherokee?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Scottina06 (Post 856014)
a KL Cherokee SRT is TOTAL BS and not in development at all.(confirmed by 3 sources...including Milous) Thye would build another dodge SRT before another Jeep is done......IE. Dart SRT or something along that small SRT line.

Wouldn't mind seeing the Dart SRT. :D

Don't want to see a Cherokee SRT.

And, FWIW, for the OP - the AOL site does have both engine options, if you know what to look for.

GCStevestr 07-27-2013 10:26 PM

Re: Turbo 2.4L Cherokee?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by GunninIt (Post 856073)
Wouldn't mind seeing the Dart SRT. :D

Don't want to see a Cherokee SRT.

And, FWIW, for the OP - the AOL site does have both engine options, if you know what to look for.

Also, a simple confirmation at KBB.com also shows the 2 engine options, in addition to the in-house experts. :)


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:35 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community