Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   direct injection (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/direct-injection-62627.html)

Pyrenees 07-10-2013 11:47 AM

direct injection

Hey! Anyone have an idea when Jeep will put direct injection into the Grand Cherokees.

Pyrenees

Vanguard 07-10-2013 12:49 PM

Re: direct injection

People want direct injection so bad, then we they finally will add direct injection people will complain about the carbon build up and cleaning every 30K miles....

Pyrenees 07-10-2013 01:12 PM

Vangard,
Thanks! I did not realize the carbon b/u problem. Did not really want to wait to see if they put it on the 15's.
Pyrnees

dizz1979 07-10-2013 02:21 PM

Most likely when the have the next gen Hemi (whenever that is) they will probably use direct injection.

jacko15 07-10-2013 02:23 PM

Know all about the carbon b/u problem, and hope Jeep stays away from DI. Main reason I crossed the Buick Enclave off my list when I was shopping.

padgett 07-10-2013 03:39 PM

Just order a diesel.

Temerarius 07-10-2013 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by padgett (Post 856018)
Just order a diesel.

Ayup.

Andoskyy 07-11-2013 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vanguard (Post 855931)
People want direct injection so bad, then we they finally will add direct injection people will complain about the carbon build up and cleaning every 30K miles....

Lexus figured it out with their 2GR-FSE...their 3.5L V6 engine because it uses direct injection and port injection.

No carbon buildup on mine after 120k miles....and no problems with other IS350's or GS350's. Would have been all over the forums if there was. 6 years of monitoring the forums and not one post about a 350 carbon buildup.

The 4GR-FSE, the 2.5L V6 on the other hand has carbon buildup issues.

That being said...once the Jeep gets it...everyone will complain about the Direct Injection "Tick" :)

Tazz 07-12-2013 06:52 PM

Quite a few tricks to help with the problem, such as water or Seafoam in the intake tract. Keep in mind the main reason the deposits form is based on there being no flow of fuel on the intake valves. Pre-fuel injector vehicle valves are often cleaned by spraying a small amount of water down the intake and blipping the throttle accordingly. Now, for fuel injected cars, I use Seafoam attached to a vacuum line. The car will struggle to idle and push out some mean white smoke but it helps to keep those deposits to a reasonable level.

Note: I had a '13 Pathfinder with DI prior to the Jeep and it had no DI tick. All depends on the quality of the components and engineering.

I've heard some engineers get around the problem with a second set of injectors in the ports that only operated under full throttle.