Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   2014+ Cherokee-KL (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f216/)
-   -   Vultures :-) (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f216/vultures-62641.html)

tl47715 07-10-2013 04:13 PM

Vultures :-)

Sent an online request via Edmunds to local dealerships about timing/pricing info (if they had any) for a Trailhawk with particular options (tow, convenience, 3.2, cold weather, leather and navigation groups).
Unfortunately, only got general responses. One was to make an appt for Saturday, but the guy didn't know if they were due to arrive yet. Another was more honest and just said sometime in the fall. 4 calls received in 2 minutes with no new info. Heck, I know more it seems! A couple even thought I wanted a 2wd GC!
Drats, I need something to take my mind off this waiting game! :-)

willjeep 07-10-2013 04:30 PM

Re: Vultures :-)

From just a few short months reading posts from all you guys, I for sure new more about the GC 2014 than the kid that sold it to me.

Woot Woot!!!!!!! I am back in D1 with a ETA of 08-02-13. I am so siked!

GunninIt 07-10-2013 05:21 PM

Yeah, internet requests are like putting a bloody t-bone in the lion's cage. It's just not fair. Usually I find that the internet people are about as bad as average salesperson - they know very little.

What ever happened to brand managment, training, loyalty, ownership, etc. when it came to car salespersons? One of my favorite questions to them: what do you drive?

Relative to the topic at hand, the Cherokee - I figure we'll hear more here before any dealer really knows. They'll be like this: "oh, the order bank is open. But I thought the Cherokee was already on my lot..." :confused:

randwats 07-10-2013 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GunninIt (Post 856071)
"oh, the order bank is open. But I thought the Cherokee was already on my lot..." :confused:

+1. I've already encountered this more times than I would care to admit with consultants thinking I meant Grand Cherokee and not Cherokee. *sigh*

Do your research and you'll be far more informed than the person who's "selling" it to you.

providenceautos 07-12-2013 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by randwats (Post 856214)
+1. I've already encountered this more times than I would care to admit with consultants thinking I meant Grand Cherokee and not Cherokee. *sigh*

Do your research and you'll be far more informed than the person who's "selling" it to you.

On the other side of the coin, I keep asking customers to clarify when they only say "Cherokee" and 9 out of 10 of them mean the GC - most have no idea there is a new Cherokee coming out.

I'm not afraid to say I don't know something (still new to the business) and will research/get the correct answer for the customer. I know it's easy to assume car salespeople are all BS-artists, but I refuse to do that.