Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   Limited vs. Overland? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/limited-vs-overland-62682.html)

jglasson 07-11-2013 11:34 AM

Limited vs. Overland?

Sorry, if there's another thread about this, but I'm new to the forum.

I'm getting ready to pull the trigger on a '14 GC, and would like to understand the differences between the following configs to justify the $2300 price difference.

Config 1:
Limited 4x4
Lux II package
Off Road II
Nav software add-on
Adv. Tech group
MSRP $46680 (inc dest.)

Config 2:
Overland 4x4
Off road II
Adv Tech group
MSRP $48980 (inc dest.)

Thanks for your help.

Jeff

hemi15 07-11-2013 11:45 AM

Re: Limited vs. Overland?

There is little functional difference mostly it is visual difference.

More body color parts, different grill insert, leather console, piping on seats, real wood...

functional, power folding windows, puddle lights and trunk net.

If you are buying I think it will be nice to have those but for lease Limited makes more sense with the higher residual.

Edit: if you want light color interior, overland has floor carpets in beige too, Limited has them black which I like more.

bill_de 07-11-2013 11:48 AM

See post one;

http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/2014-g...52937-608.html

---

jglasson 07-11-2013 11:48 AM

Thanks for the quick reply. The lease vs. buy decision will depend on cost. I'm concerned that I drive too many miles to make a lease realistic (15-20k per year; lots of ski trips in the winter).

Jeff

JeepGCOverland 07-11-2013 11:52 AM

Things you get on the Overland that you don't get on the Limited:
-leather dash and door panels
-different interior color options
-piping on the seats
-heated wood steering wheel (not sure if Limited has a heated steering wheel)
-painted wheel well trim (extends to the rear bumper and front bumper)
-chrome tow hooks (vs. black)
-Overland badge

Overall, I think the Overland has a more upscale look and feel vs. the Limited, but that is just my opinion. The wood steering wheel, leather dash and door panels, improved interior color schemes (in my opinion), and painted trim really give it an upscale look and feel.

lstowell 07-11-2013 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JeepGCOverland (Post 856535)
-piping on the seats
-Overland badge

Overall, I think the Overland has a more upscale look and feel vs. the Limited, but that is just my opinion. The wood steering wheel, leather dash and door panels, improved interior color schemes (in my opinion), and painted trim really give it an upscale look and feel.

Agreed. If you option up a Limited with any of the Lux group stuff, the price can approach that of an Overland.

Interiors are highly subjective, but for some reason too many dealers seem to forget about burning folks with black interiors out in the high west, and way too many vehicles on the lots seem to be Darth Vader specials...

If you can find an Overland with the Brown/Frost interior or the Brown/Blue interior, check it out compared to a Limited. You may or may not at that point decide the upgraded interior is worth the extra cash.

If your drives include hot days, the ventilated seats are pretty cool--if you'll forgive the expression. Never thought I'd appreciate them so much, but now that I have them, they really do help.

studio1930 07-11-2013 12:29 PM

Isn't the headlight shape different too? Limited is rectangle while the Overland has a piece cut out and looks more like an eye? Also what about the LED ring around the headlights? I thought the Limited didn't have that. (I could be wrong though.)

Black leather is not a big deal with cooled seats in the Overland and tinted side windows. It is 105 degrees on a regular basis here in KS and I find it no big deal with remote start, cooled seats and tinted glass on our Black leather Overland. :)

JeepGCOverland 07-11-2013 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by studio1930 (Post 856550)
Isn't the headlight shape different too? Limited is rectangle while the Overland has a piece cut out and looks more like an eye? Also what about the LED ring around the headlights? I thought the Limited didn't have that. (I could be wrong though.)

Black leather is not a big deal with cooled seats in the Overland and tinted side windows. It is 105 degrees on a regular basis here in KS and I find it no big deal with remote start, cooled seats and tinted glass on our Black leather Overland. :)

The OP stated he would get Luxury Group II on the Limited, which gives him the same headlights as the Overland. The base Limited does have different headlights than the Overland, which is what you were most likely thinking of.

studio1930 07-11-2013 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JeepGCOverland (Post 856552)
The OP stated he would get Luxury Group II on the Limited, which gives him the same headlights as the Overland. The base Limited does have different headlights than the Overland, which is what you were most likely thinking of.

Thanks for that clarification. I wasn't sure if the Lux group II upgraded the headlights as well. That is a plus as I like the Overland style headlights.

dizz1979 07-11-2013 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JeepGCOverland (Post 856535)
-piping on the seats
-Overland badge

That steering wheel on the Overland is what convinced me to get the Limited. In my opinion it is god awful, but to each his own.

Romeo_Kilo 07-11-2013 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dizz1979 (Post 856563)

That steering wheel on the Overland is what convinced me to get the Limited. In my opinion it is god awful, but to each his own.

Wife and I don't care for the wood on the steering wheel either... Limited for us...

weck 07-11-2013 02:24 PM

I have almost exactly your config 1 less the Adv Tech but with the HEMI.

The Lux 2 comes with the heated wheel, except in all leather, no wood.

Other than what others have mentioned, the only other difference I think is the passenger side autodimming mirror on the Overland. in my view, sitting so high up, I don't see the point of that anyway...

I actually prefer the black plastic wheel arch trim on the Limited, more so because it is less likely to show scratches and is a easy bolt on replacement if needed.