Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/)
-   -   Vibration in the 2014 grand cherokee summit (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/vibration-in-the-2014-grand-cherokee-summit-62705.html)

bkennedy7 07-11-2013 07:19 PM

Vibration in the 2014 grand cherokee summit
 
2014 Grand Cherokee Summit has excessive vibration and shimmy in the steering wheel. Excessive feed-back when front wheel hit bumps in the road...steering wheel vibrates excessively. Taken Jeep to the dealer 4 times. The problem still exist. This problem existed from the time of purchase, with only 8 miles. Are there any simular problems out there. I need some immediate direction/information to correct this problem. it is frustrating driving a 54,000 dollar jeep summit with the steering constantly vibrating/shimming at various speeds.

bkennedy7

AZhiCntry 07-11-2013 07:38 PM

Re: Vibration in the 2014 grand cherokee summit
 
Take it to another dealer. Have you talked with a service or general manager about getting the problem resolved?

silvermax04 07-11-2013 07:39 PM

Re: Vibration in the 2014 grand cherokee summit
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by bkennedy7 (Post 856791)
2014 Grand Cherokee Summit has excessive vibration and shimmy in the steering wheel. Excessive feed-back when front wheel hit bumps in the road...steering wheel vibrates excessively. Taken Jeep to the dealer 4 times. The problem still exist. This problem existed from the time of purchase, with only 8 miles. Are there any simular problems out there. I need some immediate direction/information to correct this problem. it is frustrating driving a 54,000 dollar jeep summit with the steering constantly vibrating/shimming at various speeds.

bkennedy7

Probably those crappy Goodyear Fortera tires, I have them on my summit also, noisy, shakey things. I wrote those tires up as my only complaint in the survey they sent me on the Jeep the other day. The Jeep is great otherwise.

bkennedy7 07-11-2013 09:11 PM

Re: Vibration in the 2014 grand cherokee summit
 
What are your plans going forward? Are you going to replace the tires or are you just going to live with it? Thanks for your feedback. The tire issue is something i will discuss with the dealer. Maybe they can exchange them with another type...to see if they correct the vibration problem.

silvermax04 07-11-2013 09:28 PM

Re: Vibration in the 2014 grand cherokee summit
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by bkennedy7 (Post 856851)
What are your plans going forward? Are you going to replace the tires or are you just going to live with it? Thanks for your feedback. The tire issue is something i will discuss with the dealer. Maybe they can exchange them with another type...to see if they correct the vibration problem.

will probably just live with it until the noise just gets to me to much one day and get rid of them I doubt I will keep them the full life of the tire. Bothers me to buy a 55k vehicle then have to talk about spending another $1000 on tires because the ones that came on it are such low quality.

AZhiCntry 07-11-2013 10:02 PM

Re: Vibration in the 2014 grand cherokee summit
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by silvermax04 (Post 856800)
Probably those crappy Goodyear Fortera tires, I have them on my summit also, noisy, shakey things. I wrote those tires up as my only complaint in the survey they sent me on the Jeep the other day. The Jeep is great otherwise.

Have you requested that the tires be "road force" balanced?

shewstring 07-11-2013 10:03 PM

Re: Vibration in the 2014 grand cherokee summit
 
Don't give up pursuing. I'm working with Chrysler Customer Care and my dealer to get my 'shimmy' resolved. They all agree it shouldn't do it. Mine has had all the road force balancing done 2 times. It is going back to them on Tuesday to work with the FS rep to find a set of tires that works. I don't know if they are going to try different brands other than GY. Don't accept the shimmy. By the way I got attention after filling out my survey. Call came from Customer Care 2 days later. They call everyday to report on what the dealer will do next and information from the field rep - can't complain about the follow-up.

AZhiCntry 07-11-2013 10:08 PM

Re: Vibration in the 2014 grand cherokee summit
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by shewstring (Post 856907)
Don't give up pursuing. I'm working with Chrysler Customer Care and my dealer to get my 'shimmy' resolved. They all agree it shouldn't do it. Mine has had all the road force balancing done 2 times. It is going back to them on Tuesday to work with the FS rep to find a set of tires that works. I don't know if they are going to try different brands other than GY. Don't accept the shimmy. By the way I got attention after filling out my survey. Call came from Customer Care 2 days later. They call everyday to report on what the dealer will do next and information from the field rep - can't complain about the follow-up.

Glad somebody is getting the proper response to a problem. It's good to hear. Thanks for posting.:thumbsup:

bkennedy7 07-12-2013 08:54 AM

Re: Vibration in the 2014 grand cherokee summit
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by AZhiCntry (Post 856908)
Glad somebody is getting the proper response to a problem. It's good to hear. Thanks for posting.:thumbsup:

My Summit has had all the road force balancing done 2 times as well. I've taken it to a different dealer. Problem still exist. I will keep trying. Thanks!

shewstring 07-12-2013 09:33 AM

Re: Vibration in the 2014 grand cherokee summit
 
Make sure your dealer files a STAR case on it. The Chrysler Care rep told me that. I told the dealer, they filed, and that got the ball rolling.

bkennedy7 07-12-2013 03:27 PM

Re: Vibration in the 2014 grand cherokee summit
 
Thanks for the Info! What tires are you running on your Jeep?

silvermax04 07-12-2013 04:56 PM

Re: Vibration in the 2014 grand cherokee summit
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by AZhiCntry (Post 856904)
Have you requested that the tires be "road force" balanced?

I went through the old road force balance thing about a dozen times at various dealers with the goodyear RS-A tires that came on my last car and it was never corrected same exact noise and vibration as these goodyears. The solution 20,000 miles later was a set of Michelins, no noise and smooth as glass never rebalanced once in 50,000 miles after that. These Forteras are not out of balance they are just cheap low quality tires that were put on there to save money.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:33 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community