Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/)
-   -   Friendly Advice ..Dont buy a 2014 Grand Cherokee Overland (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/friendly-advice-dont-buy-a-2014-grand-cherokee-overland-62715.html)

Eagleone 07-11-2013 09:37 PM

Friendly Advice ..Dont buy a 2014 Grand Cherokee Overland
 
I have been dealing with an aggressive ,rough shifting transmission for over 6 weeks now ! It has been at 2 different dealerships a total of 5 times. The techs say its the trans is malfuncting at a Neg 10 ! It is supposed to be at least a positive 5. Its become so bad that its clunking on upshifts 1-2 as well as down shifting. The field rep Brian Stoskoph wont help !! and Chrysler wont do Anything ! They think that's normal. Even though Invoices say that its at Neg 10 and Chrysler is aware of the problem and fix might happen by the end of the year. This is street driven normal stop and go. Can only imagine driving off road hard how it would shift afterwards. I invested 50k in this P.O.S. and that is the best there made of. YesI am getting lawyered up and ready to go the distance with Chrysler. Had I known that the quality was this bad , and a Company that could careless, I would never have done this! Those that are thinking of buying one of these dont !

Scottina06 07-11-2013 09:41 PM

Re: Friendly Advice ..Dont buy a 2014 Grand Cherokee Overland
 
So...its been diagnosed as malfunctioning by a pro ChryCo tech and ChryCo will not fix it?

Eagleone 07-11-2013 09:46 PM

Re: Friendly Advice ..Dont buy a 2014 Grand Cherokee Overland
 
Yes, the dealer refuses to take the vehicle in again because Chrysler feels that is shiffting normally and there is nothing wrong!

JeepTek78 07-11-2013 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eagleone (Post 856890)
Yes, the dealer refuses to take the vehicle in again because Chrysler feels that is shiffting normally and there is nothing wrong!

More then likely there will be a software update to fix these rough shifting transmissions but it does take time for engineers to develop and test it before releasing it also have you tried driving it with the economy button off as this will smooth things out a little . In my opinion every one I've worked on feels like it shifts a little rough compared to a 300 with the same trans also you could tell your dealer you want to drive another new one to compare it to yours . I can tell you i have yet to see one of these transmissions fail and the dealer i work at sells alot of them

eljeffe505 07-11-2013 10:18 PM

I've had numerous issues with mine, but also found Chrysler was quite responsive and easy to engage with local and corporate support. Even with all my issues I would buy again. My guess is that you haven't worked with the right people.

AZhiCntry 07-11-2013 10:29 PM

Re: Friendly Advice ..Dont buy a 2014 Grand Cherokee Overland
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by eljeffe505 (Post 856915)
I've had numerous issues with mine, but also found Chrysler was quite responsive and easy to engage with local and corporate support. Even with all my issues I would buy again. My guess is that you haven't worked with the right people.

Finding the "right people" can be quite difficult and made difficult by either party involved. Got any insight to getting issues resolved when dealers and field reps won't acknowledge there is a problem or properly deal with a known problem?

Eagleone 07-11-2013 10:32 PM

Re: Friendly Advice ..Dont buy a 2014 Grand Cherokee Overland
 
An update may come someday but I will not deal with this for months. Its driven non eco unless on highway. And well the NHSB, Calif State Attorney Office and Calif New Motor Vehicle board and my own Attorney are envolved. So far Chrysler they think its normal. And yes I drove a Limited when it had 300 miles on it and mine was more aggressive than the limited. They said drive it more. I did and after 2500 miles it got worse and continues to get worse. In business a reputation is built on a thousand acts and lost by merely one.

JeepTek78 07-11-2013 11:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eagleone (Post 856923)
An update may come someday but I will not deal with this for months. Its driven non eco unless on highway. And well the NHSB, Calif State Attorney Office and Calif New Motor Vehicle board and my own Attorney are envolved. So far Chrysler they think its normal. And yes I drove a Limited when it had 300 miles on it and mine was more aggressive than the limited. They said drive it more. I did and after 2500 miles it got worse and continues to get worse. In business a reputation is built on a thousand acts and lost by merely one.

You can also try this - move the passenger seat all the way forward under that seat you will find a door . Thats where the battery lives take a 10mm wrench and remove both cables from the battery then take both cable ends and touch them together for a minute or so this will discharge all remaining voltage in the capacitors in the modules it will also reset all the learned adaptives. In the engine controller/trans controller after a minute or so hook battery back up and you should notice a difference for the better. At the shop we can use a scantool to do this but this is just as effective

Mcdenny 07-12-2013 08:21 AM

Re: Friendly Advice ..Dont buy a 2014 Grand Cherokee Overland
 
Check out the "I think I fixed my rough shifting" thread.

2012 Summit 07-12-2013 09:11 AM

Re: Friendly Advice ..Dont buy a 2014 Grand Cherokee Overland
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Eagleone (Post 856880)
I have been dealing with an aggressive ,rough shifting transmission for over 6 weeks now ! It has been at 2 different dealerships a total of 5 times. The techs say its the trans is malfuncting at a Neg 10 ! It is supposed to be at least a positive 5. Its become so bad that its clunking on upshifts 1-2 as well as down shifting. The field rep Brian wont help and Chrysler wont do Anything ! They think thats normal. This is street driven normal stop and go. Can only imagine driving off road hard how it would shift afterwards. I invested 50k in this P.O.S. and that is the best there made of. YesI am getting lawyered up and ready to go the distance with Chrysler. Had I known that the quality was this bad , and a Company that could careless, I would never have done this! Those that are thinking of buying one of these dont !

Funny you chose this forum to give advice. :lol:

As it turns out, you are much more likely to receive advice here.

studio1930 07-12-2013 09:30 AM

Re: Friendly Advice ..Dont buy a 2014 Grand Cherokee Overland
 
Yep, pull the neg power cable like others have said. It is worth a try. It fixed most of our shifting issues (at least for a few thousand miles).

FD12ME 07-12-2013 10:32 AM

Re: Friendly Advice ..Dont buy a 2014 Grand Cherokee Overland
 
+1 on the advice in the subject line. If I knew what I know now about the drive train and the fact that Chrsyler only seems to know the phrase "that's normal for the 8 speed" I would have gotten another truck. It sucks to have a clunky trans on a new car, but it's an absolute kick in the teeth when Chrysler pretty much tells you that you're the crazy one.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:44 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community