Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   Can't get HID's to light up on 2014 GC Limited (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/cant-get-hids-to-light-up-on-2014-gc-limited-62766.html)

LetMeRide 07-12-2013 06:31 PM

Can't get HID's to light up on 2014 GC Limited

I'm stumped. I have plugged everything in the right way as I don't see any other way. I have connected the power to the battery post under the hood and grounded to the chassis, but the lights will not come on. I tried flipping the polarity but still no light. Can someone provide some thoughts here? This should be straight forward.

JWS360 07-12-2013 07:01 PM

Re: Can't get HID's to light up on 2014 GC Limited

Quote:

Originally Posted by LetMeRide (Post 857402)
I'm stumped. I have plugged everything in the right way as I don't see any other way. I have connected the power to the battery post under the hood and grounded to the chassis, but the lights will not come on. I tried flipping the polarity but still no light. Can someone provide some thoughts here? This should be straight forward.

Probably best to contact the seller/manufacturer as you do not list what you have.

That notwithstanding, is there a way you can isolate each half, i.e. test one side or the other? Also, can you get meter & check for current/continuity/ground?

jeep5.7 07-12-2013 07:33 PM

do u have the relay harness and the canbus fix?

LetMeRide 07-12-2013 10:59 PM

I pulled out the meter and started testing every connection. Then swapped the driver and passenger bulb and the problem followed. Tested the suspect bulb with the meter and found it to be bad. Really disappointed after removing the front bumper and headlights. Had to put it all back together with an HID and a Halogen until I can get this bulb replaced then tear the bumper off again. I really don't see how you can reach your hand in the access hole and change the bulb. Especially with the added wires of the HD kit.

Mcdenny 07-13-2013 07:41 AM

Which kit? Bulb brand?

TEXX 07-13-2013 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LetMeRide (Post 857522)
I pulled out the meter and started testing every connection. Then swapped the driver and passenger bulb and the problem followed. Tested the suspect bulb with the meter and found it to be bad. Really disappointed after removing the front bumper and headlights. Had to put it all back together with an HID and a Halogen until I can get this bulb replaced then tear the bumper off again. I really don't see how you can reach your hand in the access hole and change the bulb. Especially with the added wires of the HD kit.

I can be done from the top end by removing the air filter housing. I just did it this morning. I will say that it is a total PITA though, and my hands are all cut up. There were points when I thought I was going to end up having to pull the bumper off. The access hole in the fenderwell is a joke.

loveracing1988 07-13-2013 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEXX (Post 857767)
I can be done from the top end by removing the air filter housing. I just did it this morning. I will say that it is a total PITA though, and my hands are all cut up. There were points when I thought I was going to end up having to pull the bumper off. The access hole in the fenderwell is a joke.

Correct. The first 2 times I did it I pulled the wheel liner almost all of the way out.