Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Diesel Powered WK Grand Cherokee (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f184/)
-   -   TSB for air intake? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f184/tsb-for-air-intake-62784.html)

jeeper_57 07-13-2013 07:25 AM

TSB for air intake?

Hi does somebody know is there is any TSB fo the change of the air intake on a 3.0 CRD
Concerning the change from orange seal to black one ? And does it change anything on the turbo oil leak??

Burner 07-15-2013 10:33 PM

Yes there is. All I had to say was I noticed a bit of oil on the ground and followed it back to the turbo. Also there is a TSB on this that says to change the seal. My dealership had no issues with changing it after my little lie lol

jeeper_57 07-16-2013 03:17 PM

Re: TSB for air intake?

Thanks !! I'm looking the reference it beacause i have a huge leak no lie.
I had the orange seal from dealer ship in gernany , they ensured me it's ok now because it's redesigned and blabalala...:mad: It leaks now more than before and swirl motor is dead ...:banghead: great improvement :thumbsup:

If I have TSB number I can try to get the intake and seals replaced ..
Is there is one for swirl motor failure due to this leak its welcome also :)

It's really a pitty when you see that he car was owned by a local jeep dealership director the first years ..maintenance should have been done correctly :mad:

2005JGC 07-19-2013 12:27 AM

If you recently had work done there is a possibility they did not clean out the valley well and it is just residual oil puddled down in the valley coming down the drains.

jeeper_57 07-19-2013 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2005JGC (Post 860916)
If you recently had work done there is a possibility they did not clean out the valley well and it is just residual oil puddled down in the valley coming down the drains.

I had the work done last year , by myself , I didn't want to give more bucks to jeep guy in my area and specillay to charge this seal ( huge amount of money for nothing )

I had dismounted the whole intake pipe removed the old leaking orange seal, and cleaned the whole intake pipe i installed the new orange seal they told me it's the righ one which fit to the car ( and which should mot leak :lol:)

So no residual oil, but what do you mean with drains???

I heard that the leaking was as common failure on this motor until they change the design and the seal of the pipe , but I don't see any recal

Burner 07-22-2013 09:39 PM

From what I can remember there is here in canada as they replace all the tubing from the air filter right back to the turbo. I have extended warranty so I don't care if I bring it in. Might as well get my use out of it. I hear you on thinking that because someone at the dealership owned it, it would be in great shape. Not true. When I bought mine we found out it was a VP at Chrysler who had it hand built at the plant. Once built only did the bare minimum. What can you do.

jeeper_57 07-31-2013 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Burner (Post 863062)
From what I can remember there is here in canada as they replace all the tubing from the air filter right back to the turbo. I have extended warranty so I don't care if I bring it in. Might as well get my use out of it. I hear you on thinking that because someone at the dealership owned it, it would be in great shape. Not true. When I bought mine we found out it was a VP at Chrysler who had it hand built at the plant. Once built only did the bare minimum. What can you do.

Yes it's this TSB i'm looking after , it's not that the air intake loose a lot of oil but I need to add 1/2 to 1L oil from time to time ... and it's the only leak

I'm really disappointed because they don't do things correctly even on their own car ....I'm not a pro and I've already made things better than dealership :lol:

If anybody knows the TSB ref...

zlartibartfast 08-20-2013 10:18 AM

this might be it - I'm having trouble opening it myself...

11-001-07 02/07/07 TURBOCHARGER, CHARGE AIR COOLER, AND EXHAUST GAS RECIRCULATION SYSTEMS DIAGNOSIS ON OM642 ENGINES

http://wkjeeps.com/tsb/tsb_wk_1100107.pdf

the replacement part that I got here in the US has a black seal that mates to the turbo air inlet; the orange seal is the faulty one

jeeper_57 09-22-2013 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zlartibartfast (Post 879341)
this might be it - I'm having trouble opening it myself...

11-001-07 02/07/07 TURBOCHARGER, CHARGE AIR COOLER, AND EXHAUST GAS RECIRCULATION SYSTEMS DIAGNOSIS ON OM642 ENGINES

http://wkjeeps.com/tsb/tsb_wk_1100107.pdf

the replacement part that I got here in the US has a black seal that mates to the turbo air inlet; the orange seal is the faulty one

Normally it a change of the whole air inlet tube + black seal, the pdf link don't mention it . I'm sure there is something as merc also had the problem :lol:

I think i'll find another solution to remove oil from intake , elephant hose mod or catch can , I don't know what's the best ..

*sox* 09-22-2013 03:13 PM

read here!

Turbo Seal Oil Leak Fix - CRD Site - The site for diesel heads!

jeeper_57 10-10-2013 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by *sox* (Post 897708)

ok I 'll try to get the parts asap , it seems , that they where only replaced from a year to another,and that there were no recal or tsb :(