Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Suspension/Driveline/Brakes/Wheels/Tires (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f109/)
-   -   Icon Dynamics 2.5" Coilover kit (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f109/icon-dynamics-2-5-coilover-kit-62801.html)

TheSiltSurfer 07-13-2013 07:42 PM

Icon Dynamics 2.5" Coilover kit

1 Attachment(s)
If I didn't have QL I would be all over this!!

NRon'11wk2 07-24-2013 03:49 AM

Re: Icon Dynamics 2.5" Coilover kit

I can't believe nobody else has responded to this link!! I just registered to Jeep Garage today and after 8 hours of going through the threads I found this. The only website I've found that sells'em for the wk2 is:

http://autobruder.com/parts-detail?pid=527&cid=528

A bit steep at $2200, but I'm trying to research any reviews about Icon Vehicle Dynamics to see if it's worth it. I want to go cheap and do the RRO, but I'm seeing way too many posts about insanely difficult installs and it not sitting level (could be operator error on installation, I dunno)...I've also seen the Dobinson reviews, but it sounds like people aren't getting much more than an inch (actual) and it's very subtle. I want just a bit more than subtle, but not too crazy.

Anybody heard of or use these coil overs?

TheSiltSurfer 07-24-2013 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NRon'11wk2 (Post 863691)
I can't believe nobody else has responded to this link!! I just registered to Jeep Garage today and after 8 hours of going through the threads I found this. The only website I've found that sells'em for the wk2 is:

http://autobruder.com/parts-detail?pid=527&cid=528

A bit steep at $2200, but I'm trying to research any reviews about Icon Vehicle Dynamics to see if it's worth it. I want to go cheap and do the RRO, but I'm seeing way too many posts about insanely difficult installs and it not sitting level (could be operator error on installation, I dunno)...I've also seen the Dobinson reviews, but it sounds like people aren't getting much more than an inch (actual) and it's very subtle. I want just a bit mmore than subtle, but not too crazy.

Anybody heard of or use these coil overs?

Its so new I doubt anyone has it installed yet. I was running the RRO 2.5" kit with 33"s it was a decent kit. Definitey sits stink bug style with her a s s up high so I took the rear parts out and it sat just the way I wanted. Robinson is cool, but if you got the money go for this Icon kit. I even called up King Shocks last year and they make them for the wk2 they just don't advertise them

NRon'11wk2 07-24-2013 09:53 PM

I just emailed ICON about whether it's a lift or leveling kit. Hopefully hear back tomorrow.

So you're running pretty smooth with your RRO? Did you DIY or have it installed in a shop? I'm not a hardcore off roader with my GC, but just want a bit more clearance with good quality products for the long term.

phishbum 07-25-2013 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NRon'11wk2 (Post 864255)
I just emailed ICON about whether it's a lift or leveling kit. Hopefully hear back tomorrow.

I'm interested to hear the answer as well. There's no information on the Icon Dynamics website and the link you posted seems to indicate that the shocks are 2.5" diameter with only the front offering a '0-2" lift.'

brandon_salem 07-25-2013 09:26 AM

I emailed them yesterday because I'm ready for a lift and this is what I received.

"We have front coilovers that will do like a 2 lift and 2.5 smooth body rear shocks. They should be up on the website soon but we are selling them now. The kit is right about 2200.00 front and rear."

Does this mean the rear is lifted .5" higher than the front?

TheSiltSurfer 07-25-2013 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brandon_salem (Post 864445)
I emailed them yesterday because I'm ready for a lift and this is what I received.

"We have front coilovers that will do like a 2” lift and 2.5” smooth body rear shocks. They should be up on the website soon but we are selling them now. The kit is right about 2200.00 front and rear."

Does this mean the rear is lifted .5" higher than the front?

Appears they only offer a front lift of 2" but the shock diameter size in rear is 2.5". So only a Front lift basically which isn't suprising coming from a company who's focus is prerunner/rally kits. That is just my opinion from the looks of your text, I'm sure we will get the right answer soon +)

NRon'11wk2 07-25-2013 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheSiltSurfer (Post 864490)
Appears they only offer a front lift of 2" but the shock diameter size in rear is 2.5". So only a Front lift basically which isn't suprising coming from a company who's focus is prerunner/rally kits. That is just my opinion from the looks of your text, I'm sure we will get the right answer soon +)

I agree, but I'm just hoping that they'll come back with something saying it can be tuned to give a little bit of lift in the back. ICON hasn't emailed me back yet.

tpar89 08-26-2013 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NRon'11wk2 (Post 864738)
I agree, but I'm just hoping that they'll come back with something saying it can be tuned to give a little bit of lift in the back. ICON hasn't emailed me back yet.

I spoke to someone at Icon today and he said that the rear shock isn't adjustable.