Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Audio/Visual/Navigation (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f155/)
-   -   Loading Pictures (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f155/loading-pictures-62865.html)

ashenmorality 07-15-2013 03:58 PM

Loading Pictures

Hi all,

I have been on here for many things to complain about. However, I am now trying to figure out how to load pictures on my 2014 Overland. I tried using a flash drive with jpegs and an SD card with jpegs, but my car won't recognize either of them when I plug it in. Am I doing something wrong? Is there something I should be doing such as only having it on "run" or "acc" rather than the engine running. I did try all three of those things, and it didn't find that I plugged it in. My flash drive lit up once when I plugged it in, but nothing else happened, and the car still didn't recognize it was there. I tried finding it in the manual, but didn't find this procedure listed.

Help, because the dealerships around here are a joke. All they care about is selling the vehicle and being rid of you.

Thanks!

wbferrara 07-15-2013 04:22 PM

Re: Loading Pictures

I don't believe Uconnect offers the option to upload photos as a splash screen or background.

StaticFX 07-15-2013 04:32 PM

You could on the last radio 430/730 media center.. not on this one

ashenmorality 07-15-2013 04:33 PM

hmm.. okay. I guess I just assumed it did since the previous system in the 11-13 did. The service tech told me there was a way to do it: but it was a specific format. I read about the older version requiring jpegs for pictures and wma's and mp3s for music. Thus, I assumed it was the same. I guess if anyone else can provide some insight on this, I would greatly appreciate it. I guess that shows how little the dealerships know about this vehicle: pathetic.

jacko15 07-15-2013 08:25 PM

You can't load pictures using any format on the '14s.

ashenmorality 07-17-2013 12:03 PM

Interesting because I talked with a corporate person from Chrysler about other issues and mentioned this, and he swears it can be done. Anyone else have any info?

jacko15 07-17-2013 01:06 PM

Ask the corporate person from Chrysler. I'll bet he can't tell you how.

ashenmorality 07-17-2013 01:28 PM

Jacko15, you are right. With different answers coming from various sources, I don't know who to believe anymore on anything. This is the worst experience I have ever had with a vehicle and I owned an older crappy Hyundai and Ford Focus!

ashenmorality 07-17-2013 01:57 PM

Hi Jacko15, since you seem to be pretty tech savy, maybe you can answer another question for me so I don't have to start a new thread.

Can you use an android phone through the USB plug in for anything else other than charging? When I plug mine in, it starts playing navigation prompts from my phone (repeatedly: "turn left," "turn right," etc.)

jacko15 07-17-2013 02:29 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by ashenmorality (Post 859961)
Hi Jacko15, since you seem to be pretty tech savy, maybe you can answer another question for me so I don't have to start a new thread.

Can you use an android phone through the USB plug in for anything else other than charging? When I plug mine in, it starts playing navigation prompts from my phone (repeatedly: "turn left," "turn right," etc.)

You should be able to find some answers in the Uconnect manual. And a search of the forum will turn up a lot. I don't have an android phone myself, so I can't give firsthand info on that. Here's the manual:

ashenmorality 07-17-2013 02:41 PM

I read the manual. It doesn't give any specifics. Thanks though.

tryan77 07-17-2013 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ashenmorality (Post 859939)
Jacko15, you are right. With different answers coming from various sources, I don't know who to believe anymore on anything. This is the worst experience I have ever had with a vehicle and I owned an older crappy Hyundai and Ford Focus!

Man i feel for you. I just got out of a 2011 Ford Explorer that was an absolute nightmare and the online community (if you can call it that) was worse.

I hope you find what youre looking for.