Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   News Article on Jefferson Plant (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/news-article-on-jefferson-plant-62890.html)

ravenclaw 07-16-2013 07:05 AM

News Article on Jefferson Plant

Profile of the Jefferson plant, its turnaround and importance to the success
of Fiat/Chrysler and Detroit.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/07/16/bu...-and-cash.html

bill_de 07-16-2013 09:22 AM

Re: News Article on Jefferson Plant

I hope a lot of CEOs and union officials read and heed the lessons.

Good read!

---

AAAA 07-16-2013 09:28 AM

Nice to see a positive article about American industry. Also nice to see that a major reason for the success is a modern union whose thinking is forward rather than the "way things used to be."

2014GC 07-16-2013 08:42 PM

Great Article !

jp467 07-17-2013 01:54 AM

Good Article, but the comments people were posting at the bottom had to be from some of the stupidest people in America.

hawada 07-17-2013 08:42 AM

Reading the comments makes me sick to my stomach. I grew up in Toledo, OH, I have seen the city go from a vibrant manufacturing hub of great wage jobs to a wasted slum. But through it all, the only plant with it's lights on at 3 am was Toledo North manufacturing Jeeps. The commentators in the article bashed the Jeep and how it a a backwards vehicle for it's low MPGs and how Jeep has it all wrong. They forget that Jeep is a heritage and a lifestyle not just a product. Jeep is the most valuable American auto brand IMO. It has a cult like following and amazing products.

Ok ok off my soapbox just get pissed when people bash the region with no perspective for the importance of auto manufacturing to the Our economy.

Article was a great read though, thanks for sharing !

Willx 07-17-2013 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hawada (Post 859789)
Reading the comments makes me sick to my stomach. I grew up in Toledo, OH, I have seen the city go from a vibrant manufacturing hub of great wage jobs to a wasted slum. But through it all, the only plant with it's lights on at 3 am was Toledo North manufacturing Jeeps. The commentators in the article bashed the Jeep and how it a a backwards vehicle for it's low MPGs and how Jeep has it all wrong. They forget that Jeep is a heritage and a lifestyle not just a product. Jeep is the most valuable American auto brand IMO. It has a cult like following and amazing products.

Ok ok off my soapbox just get pissed when people bash the region with no perspective for the importance of auto manufacturing to the Our economy.

Article was a great read though, thanks for sharing !

Well we could turn media on it's head. The Jeep Grand Cherokee actually has the highest range of any SUV in its market (diesel)

+1 on the rest. Sad uninformed people.

Willx 07-17-2013 09:21 AM

:wtf:

Everyone who reads this thread should go post a comment on there... Something factual like the MPGs and the forward thinking. We have the Man/Woman power here to balance out this conversation!!

hawada 07-17-2013 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Willx (Post 859809)
:wtf:

Everyone who reads this thread should go post a comment on there... Something factual like the MPGs and the forward thinking. We have the Man/Woman power here to balance out this conversation!!

Did you read the comments ?? You see what I'm talking about !

Willx 07-17-2013 10:51 AM

Yes, many.

Sad.

Believe it or not I rarely participate in forums because those type of people make me angry. It someone was spread false information here they would be banned :)

ms.annthrope 07-17-2013 12:22 PM

It goes to show that if Detroit designs and builds an attractice weil made vehicle, sales go up and demand will keep the lines busy= more jobs. Unions and suits need to both work together for longer term gains as opposed to short term quarterly reports to make a business succeed. One's work is worth only what someone else is willing to pay. But it is good to read something positive about US manufacturing, especially the very plant making our Grands.

acilate 07-17-2013 10:43 PM

That's what you get for reading comments on a news article. Only do that when you want to correct an overly positive view of humanity.

The internet is a place for the uninformed to shout out their limited points of view with relative anonymity. Only when scientists find a way to make stupid hurt will the internet become a place of well thought out and reasoned discussions :D

Loved reading the article. Beyond my childhood obsession with my dad's jeep, this is why I'm buying a Jeep. I want to reward Chrysler/JNAP for making an excellent product at an excellent value.