Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/)
-   -   Willx Report - A/C on remote start (VIDEO) (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/willx-report-a-c-on-remote-start-video-62893.html)

Willx 07-16-2013 09:53 AM

Willx Report - A/C on remote start (VIDEO)

Hello all,

I have posted how the current remote start, automatic A/C and or heat should now work. This is ultimately how the system was supposed to work. The replacement module software for the HVAC has not been released yet but I will keep you all posted. Here are a couple of key points.

-A/C used to come on at LOW during hot temperatures outside (verified on the only older build Jeep I could find so this may have changed a couple of times). Now the temperature sets to "Room Temperature" during remote start.

-Upon driver entry the user setting is recalled for that key fob (I am told that it does not do fob identification at distance so there is no user recall on remote start but does recognise the fob on entry).

-I used a lower temp setting to show the difference.

-The unit I tested still has the outside temperature issue because it was minimum 80 degrees outside and it was reading 64. I did take it for a short drive in advance and it is way off, so that fix is not here yet but does not affect interior temps any more.

-The system will recall 72 Degrees on remote start and will still do a temperature assessment to turn on other comfort features such as the heated or cooled seats and the Steering wheel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXgmJIGgBPo

Scottina06 07-16-2013 10:10 AM

Re: Willx Report - A/C on remote start (VIDEO)

wow....interesting

StaticFX 07-16-2013 10:38 AM

Thanks! perfect way to show how it works.

(how do you thank someone!??) lol

Willx 07-16-2013 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StaticFX (Post 859182)
Thanks! perfect way to show how it works.

(how do you thank someone!??) lol

In a mobile app click the post and hit thank. On the PC next to the post is a thank button.

jacko15 07-16-2013 01:05 PM

OK, here's what happens to my Jeep. Remote start: a/c turns on at 72 degrees just as in the video. Stays like this if I open passenger door. When I open driver's door it shuts off. When I close door and start with dash button it still stays off. I must either hit the knob button or the on softkey on climate control screen for a/c to turn on. It then turns on to my last run setting. Outside temp was 81 and so was the reading on the screen. Will, it looks as though your a/c is on when you open and then close your driver's door, and it definitely is on when you start the Jeep using the dash button. Is my earlier build the cause of my a/c not turning on when I start the Jeep with the dash button? Will the fix that is coming cure this? Thanks for all the help you've given us on this.

Willx 07-16-2013 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jacko15 (Post 859275)
I must either hit the knob button or the on softkey on climate control screen for a/c to turn on. It then turns on to my last run setting.

This is one of the problems supposedly fixed by the HVAC update coming. I say supposed, as I have no way of knowing until it gets published and installed on a unit not working. All units I have tested work similar to this (temperature sets on start and how it runs have changed slightly with UConnect updates and newer firmware on the HVAC modules).

Also yes, AC is in auto when I start and returns automatically.

jacko15 07-16-2013 01:39 PM

I'll be waiting eagerly for the update. Thanks again Will. :thumbsup:

silvermax04 07-16-2013 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Willx (Post 859146)
Hello all,

I have posted how the current remote start, automatic A/C and or heat should now work. This is ultimately how the system was supposed to work. The replacement module software for the HVAC has not been released yet but I will keep you all posted. Here are a couple of key points.

-A/C used to come on at LOW during hot temperatures outside (verified on the only older build Jeep I could find so this may have changed a couple of times). Now the temperature sets to "Room Temperature" during remote start.

-Upon driver entry the user setting is recalled for that key fob (I am told that it does not do fob identification at distance so there is no user recall on remote start but does recognise the fob on entry).

-I used a lower temp setting to show the difference.

-The unit I tested still has the outside temperature issue because it was minimum 80 degrees outside and it was reading 64. I did take it for a short drive in advance and it is way off, so that fix is not here yet but does not affect interior temps any more.

-The system will recall 72 Degrees on remote start and will still do a temperature assessment to turn on other comfort features such as the heated or cooled seats and the Steering wheel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXgmJIGgBPo

Willx when you say

"A/C used to come on at LOW during hot temperatures outside (verified on the only older build Jeep I could find so this may have changed a couple of times). Now the temperature sets to "Room Temperature" during remote start."

Do you mean it may have been changed a couple times on jeeps built at different times or that they may have been making over air changes and pushing down to us? thanks

Willx 07-16-2013 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by silvermax04 (Post 859480)
Willx when you say

"A/C used to come on at LOW during hot temperatures outside (verified on the only older build Jeep I could find so this may have changed a couple of times). Now the temperature sets to "Room Temperature" during remote start."

Do you mean it may have been changed a couple times on jeeps built at different times or that they may have been making over air changes and pushing down to us? thanks

Changes in Hardware and software revisions from the factory as well as updates that I test. I have yet to see an OTA (over the air) update fix anything to do with HVAC. Some reports of this were later taken back by posters as it was more related to the outdoor temp sensor issue TMK.

Roki303 07-17-2013 09:45 PM

So I did the exactly the same thing that you did in your video and everything works exactly the same EXCEPT ... after I click START it does not recall my settings and returns to Auto. Reading all the posts here it seems very common case.

My question is: I know that there is some rumor circling around about some HVAC firmware update but is that update for the recall of settings issue that I am experiencing. Seems like the settings recall is more of a Uconnect software bug than hardware/firmware issue.

Willx 07-17-2013 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roki303 (Post 860176)

My question is: I know that there is some rumor circling around about some HVAC firmware update but is that update for the recall of settings issue that I am experiencing. Seems like the settings recall is more of a Uconnect software bug than hardware/firmware issue.

It is not UConnect really. An external piece is not responding the way it should....

Also not a rumor. Firmware for this (not UConnect) is in production so will be released soon.

jgrohol 07-17-2013 10:13 PM

I'm in the same boat with the climate control shutting off when the driver's door is open. The 72 degrees with remote start works ok for now. My uconnect is at 13.15.4. I see there is a 13.19 out there? How do I get the update for my uconnect? Should I just wait for the OTA if there is one? I went to the uconnect site and put in my last 8 digits of my VIN and it says I do not have an update for my system.

I have a 2014 Limited with the Uconnect 8.4AN AM/FM/BT/Access/NAV radio.