Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Troubleshooting/Problems (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f181/)
-   -   Wheels and tires (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f181/wheels-and-tires-62901.html)

Strongjeff 07-16-2013 11:40 AM

Wheels and tires

this morning I went out to my truck to find my srt reps/ nittos stolen and the jeep sitting on blocks of wood. mind you I live in the barraks on fort Campbell. I called the mps and my squad leader and my whole cain of command knows about it. problem is the investigator is a dick, says it look like fraud and he was adamant about it. they now have pics proving they were mine, and they are notifying all the pawn shops around here. the finger prints the perps left appear to have been wiped by the perps. they also appear to know what they are doing.

any one on the forums im my area, I ask you all to keep an eye out for me....id like to trouble shoot there faces...with a hammer:mad:

geox19 07-16-2013 12:10 PM

Just curious did you have locks on the wheels?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Strongjeff 07-16-2013 12:51 PM

Re: Wheels and tires

yes, but that don't mean anything

geox19 07-16-2013 12:54 PM

Yeah I figured that my locks are still sitting in my spare tire well.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

greenwayer 07-16-2013 01:03 PM

Just curious, do you have any military stickers on your jeep?

Strongjeff 07-16-2013 01:38 PM

2 of them, the "ordnance corp." across the window, and on the lower right part of the lift gate I have "my brother is in the us army"

greenwayer 07-16-2013 01:47 PM

I would have thought that might have deterred them. Hopefully you still have your stock wheels, so you can at least use the jeep. Maybe your insurance will cover them.

Strongjeff 07-16-2013 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by greenwayer (Post 859314)
I would have thought that might have deterred them. Hopefully you still have your stock wheels, so you can at least use the jeep. Maybe your insurance will cover them.

but I live in the barraks so it was probably a soldier

greenwayer 07-16-2013 04:02 PM

It really pains me to think that one soldier will steal another soldier's wheels, while they are supposed to be protecting our country. If they find that guy he should be discharged.

Strongjeff 07-17-2013 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by greenwayer (Post 859398)
It really pains me to think that one soldier will steal another soldier's wheels, while they are supposed to be protecting our country. If they find that guy he should be discharged.

you'd be surprised at how many dirt bags are in the military, or how many don't care/ hate their job. but there's still a lot of good soldiers still

Strongjeff 08-01-2013 07:57 AM

WHEEL AND TIRES UPDATE: I finally got the truck back up, managed to track down my original wheels. insurance wouldn't cover it and the final police report came up negative.

so in turn it costed me 650$ for wheels tires valve stems and lugs. all mounted and balanced. Yesterday I ordered gorilla spline lugs so this should not happen again. now when I go to korea I can try to re-buy my wheels and tires again...

NoRice 08-15-2013 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strongjeff (Post 868187)
WHEEL AND TIRES UPDATE: I finally got the truck back up, managed to track down my original wheels. insurance wouldn't cover it and the final police report came up negative.

so in turn it costed me 650$ for wheels tires valve stems and lugs. all mounted and balanced. Yesterday I ordered gorilla spline lugs so this should not happen again. now when I go to korea I can try to re-buy my wheels and tires again...

Damn that sucks bro. If I were you I'd get a Viper Car Alarm system or this Code Alarm CA1551 Car Alarm Keyless Entry 2 Way LCD | eBay. That way you'll at least know if someone is out putting your car on blocks.