Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/)
-   -   Sunroof & Sunshade not working (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/sunroof-and-sunshade-not-working-62902.html)

Suther 07-16-2013 12:01 PM

Sunroof & Sunshade not working

Hello,

I need some help; my dealership replaced the headliner of my 2012 Limited WK2 and now my pano sunroof and sunshade isn't working anymore. The head console is illuminated and the reading lights work to, just the buttons for the sunroof aren't doing anything.

Initially the service manager and I thought it might be a simple connector behind the head console but everything is connected there. They want the Jeep for a whole day to remove the headliner again and to look for the issue but my the problem is, that the car goes in the container to Germany today (so no time to do it here) and is out of warranty as soon as it leaves the country.

Bottom line, I will have to look for the issue (which is probably an unplugged connector somewhere) but I don't have any clue where to look for. I don't want to remove everything just check the connections for the sunroof or the head console, if anybody could help me with a hint where these wires go or with a wiring diagram that would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

vnbWK2 07-16-2013 12:27 PM

Re: Sunroof & Sunshade not working

Did you/they check the fuse? Perhaps they removed the fuse during repair.

Suther 07-16-2013 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vnbWK2 (Post 859259)
Did you/they check the fuse? Perhaps they removed the fuse during repair.

Thanks, god point. Yes, I did after the connector to the head console was in place. Should have been my first look, but it is fine.

Suther 08-04-2013 02:47 PM

Hi guys,

Sorry for bothering you again, but could somebody send me a wiring diagram or anything where I could follow the routing of the cables? Thank you so much.

Blakey 08-04-2013 03:33 PM

Shouldn't the sunroof be either covered by the new vehicle warranty, or repair warranty if it has been previously repaired?

2012 Summit 08-04-2013 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blakey (Post 869717)
Shouldn't the sunroof be either covered by the new vehicle warranty, or repair warranty if it has been previously repaired?

Apparently, not after the vehicle leaves the country.

nonopr01 08-04-2013 07:12 PM

The cables for the sunroof and shade are the same cables that are in the retro mirror.
Fuse Number F66 in the 2014 model.
I will only assume that they also did the same kind of connection in 2012.
DId your auto dimming retro mirror work and also did your rain sensing wipers work???
I am talking about the function specific rain sensing and dimming of the mirror at night.....

Suther 08-04-2013 07:15 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by 2012 Summit (Post 869741)

Apparently, not after the vehicle leaves the country.

Unfortunately, correct. As usual in life it was perfect timing; car was ready (meaning the headliner they damaged by changing the windscreen was replaced), recognized the sunroof wasn't working and it should take a day to get it fixed which was...right only available after the loading date.

Anyway, shouldn't be a big deal when you know where to lock for, that's why I am asking for the diagram.

Tell you, that is tight. Cross fingers that the loaders had a steady hand and quiet day.

Attachment 27453

Attachment 27454

Attachment 27455

Suther 08-04-2013 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nonopr01 (Post 869774)
The cables for the sunroof and shade are the same cables that are in the retro mirror.
Fuse Number F66 in the 2014 model.
I will only assume that they also did the same kind of connection in 2012.
DId your auto dimming retro mirror work and also did your rain sensing wipers work???
I am talking about the function specific rain sensing and dimming of the mirror at night.....

Yes, all of that works including the switch illumination. What I guess is that there is a connection to the motor(s) of sunroof and shade not connected. No clue where that connection is.

DCRSRT 08-05-2013 06:58 AM

1: looks like the kid is controlling the tilt tray !

2: where are the tie downs for the car in the container? surely you don't expect those 2 bits of timber to stop the car moving around in there if you encounter heavy seas? And probably too late now, but I would have packed the sides with large pieces of foam to stop the car shifting sideways (remember ships rock from side to side as well as pitch up and down).

kennzz05 08-05-2013 07:11 AM

normally straps are power nailed to the wooden floor after being wrapped around the axles. it aint much ill grant you. but it was enough to keep 2 sprinter vans in place from south carolina to oregon via some fairly crappy and very mountainous highways that we hauled

Suther 08-09-2013 12:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DCRSRT (Post 869927)
1: looks like the kid is controlling the tilt tray !

2: where are the tie downs for the car in the container? surely you don't expect those 2 bits of timber to stop the car moving around in there if you encounter heavy seas? And probably too late now, but I would have packed the sides with large pieces of foam to stop the car shifting sideways (remember ships rock from side to side as well as pitch up and down).

Indeed, the trailer driver got my kids into. It's his truck, so I'm sure he knew what he did. Actually, the boys followed his orders very carefully. Wonder why they don't with mine:confused:

As you can imagine, the pictures are not the final stage. The axles/wheels got strapped down, too. They used the steel fixtures every container has on the bottom corners with straps. So the cars where tied down to the ground. They do this as a business so I assume they know what to do. For all other cases there is the insurance:D

Back to the topic, anybody could help with a wiring diagram where the wires for sun roof & shade motors run?