Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Audio/Visual/Navigation (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f155/)
-   -   Uconnect Wish List (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f155/uconnect-wish-list-62908.html)

hawada 07-16-2013 01:15 PM

Uconnect Wish List

I was looking at mbrace, the Mercedes infotainment system and noticed a feature that I wish we had on Uconnect, send to car. You can send directions from either your phone or desktop to the car. When you ready to navigate the directions are loaded. I don't know about you guys, but I find it very difficult or unintuitive to quickly search for a POI and navigate to it. I have the 8.4an and I still find myself using my iPhone Navi.

What other things do you wish Uconnect had ?

lstowell 07-16-2013 02:11 PM

Re: Uconnect Wish List

Quote:

Originally Posted by hawada (Post 859291)
I was looking at mbrace, the Mercedes infotainment system and noticed a feature that I wish we had on Uconnect, send to car. You can send directions from either your phone or desktop to the car. When you ready to navigate the directions are loaded. I don't know about you guys, but I find it very difficult or unintuitive to quickly search for a POI and navigate to it. I have the 8.4an and I still find myself using my iPhone Navi.

What other things do you wish Uconnect had ?

Would it be too much to ask for operation that at least remotely resembles the user manual?

Willx 07-16-2013 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lstowell (Post 859325)
Would it be too much to ask for operation that at least remotely resembles the user manual?

"If I only had a heart...."

Almost as difficult for the Tin Man.

They would be better to just give everyone a UConnect 8.4A/AN link to a website.

It is hard for me to even keep up with the operations differences from start of production.

bill_de 07-16-2013 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lstowell (Post 859325)

Don't worry, they will rewrite the manual. We are only up to version 3. I think the '13 had six versions. :)

---

StaticFX 07-16-2013 03:00 PM

i also notice that typing in an address is very slow... you have to wait after each letter.

I would love to have the send to car.. and in reality, it could be added since the radio can receive data! Willx.... pass the word along! lol

i would like to see the current songs listed when browsing SXM

Willx 07-16-2013 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StaticFX (Post 859357)
i also notice that typing in an address is very slow... you have to wait after each letter.

I would love to have the send to car.. and in reality, it could be added since the radio can receive data! Willx.... pass the word along! lol

i would like to see the current songs listed when browsing SXM

um... the slowness in the NAV, not really an issue with 13.19.0. Have you loaded it twice or just once?

StaticFX 07-16-2013 03:35 PM

just the once. everything else has smoothed out nicely

and i wouldnt say its slow.. its just that you hit a letter and it has a 1/2 second or so pause while it decides what letters to limit your next choice too.

The last one i had (430) let you type away and then would decide that you typed enough lol

Willx 07-16-2013 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StaticFX (Post 859385)

and i wouldnt say its slow.. its just that you hit a letter and it has a 1/2 second or so pause while it decides what letters to limit your next choice too.

The last one i had (430) let you type away and then would decide that you typed enough lol

ok, half second no big deal. original 13.05 stuff was about 2-3.5 seconds each character.

I still use VR all the time.

hawada 07-16-2013 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StaticFX (Post 859385)

It's annoying that you have to enter the city and State every time. It would be nice to have the option to do search your current location and just enter a street address and it know you're in "X" State and "X" city.

StaticFX 07-17-2013 08:18 AM

i agree!! an i swear i saw a picture with it showing that...

hemi15 07-17-2013 08:41 AM

Send to car is really good feature, I use it all the time in my Bmw since it is too hard to put address into nav using idrive. At least GC nav is much easier to input with the touch screen.