Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Interior/Exterior/Visual (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f197/)
-   -   Horn UPGRADE (honk honk) (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f197/horn-upgrade-honk-honk-62933.html)

Black_Atom 07-17-2013 12:39 AM

Horn UPGRADE (honk honk)

Mm looking into upgrading my horn. i don't think its getting peoples attention. today some lady was stooped at a green light texting and i was holding down the horn and didn't phase her till the big truck behind me honk once. am not saying i want a freight train horn but something better anybody can give me some guidance.

by the way haven't been on the forum in a long time i finally got my first job
got some money to spend on the jeep :D

TJXJWJ 07-17-2013 07:15 AM

Re: Horn UPGRADE (honk honk)

Screw the horn. Tie an old tire to your front bumper and push b1tches like that into the intersection. She'll hear you then....hahahhah.

I had airhorns on my Wrangler back in the day. Wolo, and I believe PIAA make some pretty good stuff.

TheStreet16 07-17-2013 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TJXJWJ (Post 859746)
Screw the horn. Tie an old tire to your front bumper and push b1tches like that into the intersection. She'll hear you then....hahahhah.

I had airhorns on my Wrangler back in the day. Wolo, and I believe PIAA make some pretty good stuff.

Real life BUMPER CARS lol

Get an Airhorn and or a PA system. That's my favorite lol

Black_Atom 07-18-2013 06:15 PM

lol no matter how much i wanna ram them in the behind no pun intended lol i found a wolo twin horn kit on amazon now i need to find out where the stock horn is in my jeep i cant seem to find it?

Frango100 07-18-2013 09:02 PM

There should be a double horn in the right front wheel fender housing behind the liner on the forward side. They are mounted to the rear side of the cross beam, behind the bumper and below the right headlight assy.

Black_Atom 07-19-2013 02:04 AM

yup i found them i would have never have thought to look there thanks but now am wondering if i should splice the cables or not? does anybody what i should do?

Frango100 07-19-2013 02:08 AM

If the new horn has an other type of connector, you could better shrink this new type of connector to the wires. Best is to have some sealed connector, so that water can not enter and cause corrosion.

Black_Atom 07-19-2013 05:54 PM

do they sell aftermarket harness for horns?

Sqall12001 09-14-2013 09:38 AM

Should be relay driven already? add your own horn. If you want a second horn, you can make a relay driven off the first horn circuit, or any switch you want.

-Nick

Northland 09-14-2013 10:28 AM

I installed one of these bad boys: Stebel 11690019 - Nautilus Compact Mini Air Horn Black : Amazon.com : Automotive

Comes with its own relay. Has a built-in compressor, so no additional hardware to mount. Have your own wiring ready, or buy the wiring kit offered with it on Amazon 'cause it doesn't come with wires and you'll need a lot (to run to battery; to horn; etc.). It's a loud little beast, definitely gets the attention of the texters who drift into my lane!

Black_Atom 09-15-2013 01:58 AM

Sounds good i will look into it i really need one badly now i just notice my GF ford focus sounds louder so at this point i really need to upgrade.

lstowell 09-15-2013 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Black_Atom (Post 893581)
Sounds good i will look into it i really need one badly now i just notice my GF ford focus sounds louder so at this point i really need to upgrade.

Check out the Hadley air horns. Not for the faint hearted, but good for startling the knickers off unattentive drivers.