Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Suspension/Driveline/Brakes/Wheels/Tires (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f109/)
-   -   Air Suspension Message (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f109/air-suspension-message-62947.html)

ashenmorality 07-17-2013 12:12 PM

Air Suspension Message
 
Hi All,

I am on here again and will be many times over until Chrysler/Jeep gets their crap together and takes responsibility.

Has anyone figured out either through their service department or talking to higher ups what the "air suspension cooling down, please wait" message means? I have read all the other threads a while back, but nobody seemed to have any answers at that point, so I am checking again. I get this message randomly when either traveling through mountains or coming home from the mountains (in total about 9 times), it rarely does it when I am back in the city. I am not using the system: just on the highway cruising speed and the temperature is around 65 degrees.

After pulling teeth, I finally got in touch with a "corporate Chrysler" guy named Jonathan, and he told me they won't do anything with my car's problems unless I can (or they can) duplicate the problem with a tech. I have pictures of it happening on separate occasions, but that doesn't count.

Please help as clearly Chrysler/Jeep isn't wanting to take responsibility for their problems and it seems I have gone as high up as I can go to get things fixed!

pchamp 07-17-2013 01:14 PM

Re: Air Suspension Message
 
I'll let you know what i find out.. my 2014 summit's front end suspension just went out completely.. as in front end is all the way dropped.. "air suspension cooling down, please wait" comes up when i drive it.. will let you know what/if i discover

ashenmorality 07-17-2013 01:24 PM

Re: Air Suspension Message
 
Sorry to hear pchamp! That is what I am afraid will happen with mine as well. Thanks for replying! Hope they can fix it for you with some restitution.

jp467 07-17-2013 02:09 PM

Re: Air Suspension Message
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ashenmorality (Post 859933)
Sorry to hear pchamp! That is what I am afraid will happen with mine as well. Thanks for replying! Hope they can fix it for you with some restitution.

There is a whole thread on this issue and from what you post it sounds like your not having a problem with it other than the message once in a while. If you have no problem with the operation and there are no fault codes what does that tell you? My guess is this is a software issue that will probably be addressed in a software update at some point. This is just a guess, but with the number of posts I have seen that's what I think. I have had the message a couple times myself without any operational problems.

ashenmorality 07-17-2013 02:36 PM

Re: Air Suspension Message
 
The problem JP is that there is no guarantee that it is just a software problem. In fact, from what pchamp just posted, it sounds as though this message is an indication that it gets worse. Even if his problem is different, I know of others that it started with this message and something big happened: while they were driving. Mine did throw a fault code once of "excessive heat/use" and the dealership did nothing about it. They asked if I used it a lot/drove it in the highest setting, and after I told them no, they ignored the problem. They continue to ignore the problem even though I have pictures of separate occasions it showing the message, the mode I was in: aero, the speed I was driving, and the temperature outside. This shows the crappy responsibility of Jeep, and I am not going to sit by and "hope" that it is just a software issue.

jp467 07-17-2013 02:55 PM

Re: Air Suspension Message
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ashenmorality (Post 859983)
The problem JP is that there is no guarantee that it is just a software problem. In fact, from what pchamp just posted, it sounds as though this message is an indication that it gets worse. Even if his problem is different, I know of others that it started with this message and something big happened: while they were driving. Mine did throw a fault code once of "excessive heat/use" and the dealership did nothing about it. They asked if I used it a lot/drove it in the highest setting, and after I told them no, they ignored the problem. They continue to ignore the problem even though I have pictures of separate occasions it showing the message, the mode I was in: aero, the speed I was driving, and the temperature outside. This shows the crappy responsibility of Jeep, and I am not going to sit by and "hope" that it is just a software issue.


The problem pchamp posted is different its a failure. His message is the "service air suspension immediately" and a suspension sitting on the bump stops and that's for sure a problem. Do you hear the compressor running a lot when your standing outside the vehicle? This is what would cause that air suspension cooling message. Does you suspension go to all the positions? How often does the message appear and for how long does it stay on?

BobsWK2 07-17-2013 06:57 PM

Re: Air Suspension Message
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ashenmorality (Post 859890)
Hi All,

I am on here again and will be many times over until Chrysler/Jeep gets their crap together and takes responsibility.

Has anyone figured out either through their service department or talking to higher ups what the "air suspension cooling down, please wait" message means? I have read all the other threads a while back, but nobody seemed to have any answers at that point, so I am checking again. I get this message randomly when either traveling through mountains or coming home from the mountains (in total about 9 times), it rarely does it when I am back in the city. I am not using the system: just on the highway cruising speed and the temperature is around 65 degrees.

After pulling teeth, I finally got in touch with a "corporate Chrysler" guy named Jonathan, and he told me they won't do anything with my car's problems unless I can (or they can) duplicate the problem with a tech. I have pictures of it happening on separate occasions, but that doesn't count.

Please help as clearly Chrysler/Jeep isn't wanting to take responsibility for their problems and it seems I have gone as high up as I can go to get things fixed!

I heard from a rep at Jeep Cares and he said an update would be at the dealers in early August. Supposedly it will also address the keyfob 4 click to open liftgate problem that is occurring on many 2014's. I'll let you know when I have it done.

ashenmorality 07-17-2013 07:20 PM

Re: Air Suspension Message
 
Hi BobsWk2,

Thanks for replying. It's strange that the corporate guy from Chrysler didn't tell me about the update. That's what I want to hear. I don't expect to have a fix immediately, I just want to know that they actually acknowledge a problem exists and that they are working on a fix. Now if only they can work on the remote start HVAC issue and correct some faulty interior craftsmanship with the leather.

jp467 07-17-2013 11:12 PM

Re: Air Suspension Message
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ashenmorality (Post 860111)
Hi BobsWk2,

Thanks for replying. It's strange that the corporate guy from Chrysler didn't tell me about the update. That's what I want to hear. I don't expect to have a fix immediately, I just want to know that they actually acknowledge a problem exists and that they are working on a fix. Now if only they can work on the remote start HVAC issue and correct some faulty interior craftsmanship with the leather.


First off its not uncommon at all for customer service people to not know what's going on. Second the less work a dealer does on you vehicle the better off you are. Something like the cooling off message which seems to be a software glitch could cause you some new problem if a dealer tried to fix it without the proper fix. If its something that requires a software update from Chrysler then you have to wait and the dealer can't do a thing about it.

ashenmorality 07-17-2013 11:25 PM

Re: Air Suspension Message
 
Jp,

I realize that. The experiences I have had with dealers, I don't want them touching my car for even basic oil changes. However, I wasn't sure it was a software issue. As I have stated many times, I didn't know it was a software issue, and I am still not confident that it fully is. However, at this point, I guess we'll see. If Jeep is working on it, maybe they will get it right and it only is a software issue. Yet, if there was any doubt in my mind that it wasn't, I wanted to be sure: especially since Jeep is so good at ducking fixing things.

ashenmorality 07-17-2013 11:30 PM

Re: Air Suspension Message
 
You have to understand JP that I came from a Lexus dealership before this. I didn't expect equal service because quite frankly no one can top them. Yet, I did expect at least competent and responsible service like any other normal auto company. Lets be frank, Chrysler/Jeep and their affiliates haven't been known for their honest and good practices. They in the past have preyed on the weak, lower class citizens and sold them junk vehicles. I thought they were getting better based upon all the "shining" reviews from edmunds, MT, etc. I guess I was wrong to trust Jeep/Chrysler and those sources. They in my opinion haven't improved, and are no where near even close to acceptable customer service. Even Jeep has misled the masses with this new vehicle. They on their own website claim the Overland is comparable to the RX350. I don't know if they were saying in specs/interior quality/customer service, but pretty much on all fronts they failed except the off road capability. And it is not my fault for believing 1) Corporate Jeep 2) the reviewers and 3) the stupid lying salespeople who clearly are just as shady as ever.

jp467 07-17-2013 11:55 PM

Re: Air Suspension Message
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ashenmorality (Post 860254)
You have to understand JP that I came from a Lexus dealership before this. I didn't expect equal service because quite frankly no one can top them. Yet, I did expect at least competent and responsible service like any other normal auto company. Lets be frank, Chrysler/Jeep and their affiliates haven't been known for their honest and good practices. They in the past have preyed on the weak, lower class citizens and sold them junk vehicles. I thought they were getting better based upon all the "shining" reviews from edmunds, MT, etc. I guess I was wrong to trust Jeep/Chrysler and those sources. They in my opinion haven't improved, and are no where near even close to acceptable customer service. Even Jeep has misled the masses with this new vehicle. They on their own website claim the Overland is comparable to the RX350. I don't know if they were saying in specs/interior quality/customer service, but pretty much on all fronts they failed except the off road capability. And it is not my fault for believing 1) Corporate Jeep 2) the reviewers and 3) the stupid lying salespeople who clearly are just as shady as ever.

When any new vehicle comes out there are issues that come up and need to be addressed and many times with new vehicles its computer software related and its with all manufactures not just Chrysler. Those sources you point out were reviews of the vehicle not customer service correct? I think most of what you post above is incorrect and I won't respond to it all but you talk about being honest and upfront with the customer and then you mention Lexus and Toyota. They have been fined the max for not reporting safety defects in the proper time with their vehicles. I mean they had to pay record fines for not reporting these defects. In 2012 they paid a17.4 million fine which was the max allowed and was related to delaying reporting of a defect with the Lexus RX350 and RX450. When was the last time Chrysler was fined for something like that? I think what you probably need is a different dealer.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:54 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community