Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Audio/Visual/Navigation (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f155/)
-   -   Limited Stereo Break In Period (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f155/limited-stereo-break-in-period-62965.html)

tryan77 07-17-2013 07:03 PM

Limited Stereo Break In Period

I know there have been some of you simply arent happy with it's performance but have any of you just left it to break in a bit? I know we are dealing with paper cones but was wondering if it would loosen up over time.
Perhaps they made a mistake with the filter because I am not certain tones i should be hearing. Some songs sound decent but most songs arent even playable.

My bass setting is at -3, mid is at +2 and treble is maxed out.

bill_de 07-17-2013 07:09 PM

Re: Limited Stereo Break In Period

I know it's a personal preference, but those setting would sound like crap to me. Have you tried leaving everything centered for a couple of days and then moving one control at a time.

---

tryan77 07-17-2013 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bill_de (Post 860107)
I know it's a personal preference, but those setting would sound like crap to me. Have you tried leaving everything centered for a couple of days and then moving one control at a time.

---

No but I will - thanks. How long have you had your vehicle and what types of music do you prefer - I only have 900 miles on mine and I prefer Coldplay'ish, some electronic, post rock and a dash of Kid Cudi. I noticed that when I am on Blutooth that the bass is extremely overpowering. What kind of media are you using?

chicagojeeper 07-17-2013 07:35 PM

I think the problem is Coldplay, electronica, and Kid Cudi. J/K.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

bill_de 07-17-2013 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tryan77 (Post 860115)
No but I will - thanks. How long have you had your vehicle and what types of music do you prefer - I only have 900 miles on mine and I prefer Coldplay'ish, some electronic, post rock and a dash of Kid Cudi. I noticed that when I am on Blutooth that the bass is extremely overpowering. What kind of media are you using?

I listen to a variety of music. Classical, Country, Rock-60's through 90's and my SD card even has some Coldplay (although I don't know how it got there). I've had the Jeep 4 months.

---

SNUKE 07-17-2013 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tryan77 (Post 860115)
I noticed that when I am on Blutooth that the bass is extremely overpowering. What kind of media are you using?

Have you tried it via USB or SD card?
Bluetooth ads another level of compression, so far from ideal.

tryan77 07-17-2013 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNUKE (Post 860133)
Have you tried it via USB or SD card?
Bluetooth ads another level of compression, so far from ideal.

Yeah, yeah on all the trashtalk - its all preference jerks! :D

In all seriousness, I have not tried it via SD but I saw the other comment and think I will. Thanks for all the help/comments fellas.

Roki303 07-17-2013 09:08 PM

Bluetooth sounds a little bit different I agree. It is louder and also seems like has more bass.

StaticFX 07-18-2013 12:01 PM

i have found the same... USB is better (i just leave an extra cord in the jeep ready to go)

The_Honeywagon 07-25-2013 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tryan77 (Post 860106)
I know there have been some of you simply arent happy with it's performance but have any of you just left it to break in a bit? I know we are dealing with paper cones but was wondering if it would loosen up over time.
Perhaps they made a mistake with the filter because I am not certain tones i should be hearing. Some songs sound decent but most songs arent even playable.

My bass setting is at -3, mid is at +2 and treble is maxed out.

Does anyone know if the alpine premium pkg requires a break in period as well?

studio1930 07-25-2013 01:42 PM

The 2014 non-Summit stereo is in desperate need of an EQ. If you connect a phone to it and use an app with an EQ, it sounds much better.

I use an iPhone app by Denon. Much better.

satori 07-30-2013 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by studio1930 (Post 864580)
The 2014 non-Summit stereo is in desperate need of an EQ. If you connect a phone to it and use an app with an EQ, it sounds much better.

I use an iPhone app by Denon. Much better.

A proper EQ would go a long way. Ah well.