Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Audio/Visual/Navigation (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f155/)
-   -   Not getting weather map data (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f155/not-getting-weather-map-data-62998.html)

TheRone 07-18-2013 07:10 PM

Not getting weather map data

I searched the forum for this but couldn't find any info. When I go to the travel link weather map, it geo locates the car just fine and displays the base map but most of the time it displays no weather data. I say most of the time because occasionally (rarely) if I leave it on the map for awhile, weather data eventually shows up. Anyone else having a similar problem?

dogged 07-18-2013 08:02 PM

Re: Not getting weather map data

Same problem. It takes 20 minutes AFTER you boot the app sometimes to get the radar. Worthless....

jacko15 07-18-2013 08:52 PM

Takes a little while to download all the data on mine too, but only a minute or two. The last thing to render is usually the radar. Not long enough to be an issue though.

StaticFX 07-18-2013 08:56 PM

^^ same.. slower than using your phone, but it works. wish it could zoom in more... i want to see if i am headed right into a storm or not.

jacko15 07-18-2013 10:37 PM

I'd like to add that it would be nice to have a smaller vehicle icon too. The present ones cover a lot of the radar image.

shewstring 07-18-2013 10:44 PM

Same issue with my 8.4an, takes 20 minutes to get the radar, not very useful. The 730N in our Durango is instant. Not sure if this is a Sirius issue or Radio. I did call Sirius support, they sent the code to the radio and it then appeared one time. I don't want to call tech support each time to have it update. Anyone find a fix for this?

TheRone 07-19-2013 08:01 PM

Well, it sucks that this doesn't work well on the 8.4AN. Since it appears that I'm not the only one with this issue, I guess we can hope for a software fix down the road.

jacko15 07-19-2013 08:10 PM

Those of you who find that the travel link weather map is not working to your satisfaction MUST let your dealer service department know about it. You MUST have them write a work order and get a copy. If they can't fix it to your satisfaction you MUST repeat those steps again. If there is no paper trail generated the problem will never come to the attention of the engineers who can find a fix for you. I know it it's a pain to deal with, but if the wheel don't squeak...you know the rest.

TheRone 07-19-2013 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jacko15 (Post 861410)
Those of you who find that the travel link weather map is not working to your satisfaction MUST let your dealer service department know about it. You MUST have them write a work order and get a copy. If they can't fix it to your satisfaction you MUST repeat those steps again. If there is no paper trail generated the problem will never come to the attention of the engineers who can find a fix for you. I know it it's a pain to deal with, but if the wheel don't squeak...you know the rest.

Good point Jacko. I'll make sure to bring this up with my dealer.

kirk1233 07-24-2013 09:45 PM

I've found if I enter into travel link, say I want the map, and then go back to nav or something else, then back to travel link it will work. It continues to work until the vehicle is stopped and then restarted...

TheRone 07-24-2013 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kirk1233 (Post 864253)
I've found if I enter into travel link, say I want the map, and then go back to nav or something else, then back to travel link it will work. It continues to work until the vehicle is stopped and then restarted...

I just tried this several times but it didn't work for me. If I wait 15 minutes or so I eventually get all the data. This is a potentially useful feature that unfortunately is useless to me until this problem is resolved.

shewstring 07-26-2013 09:19 PM

Regarding the lack of updates on the weather page, what I found is that the clock does not update when it doesn't work. Which would tell me the Sirius Data load is causing the radio to lock up. Flipping back to radio mode typically unfreezes it. It is really a hit and miss thing on whether it will update or lock up. When it does load the weather data, it is close to instantaneous. I did report to the dealer, they claimed the map worked as it should - of course they think a blank map is working - hey, the map came up - come on people.