Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   Belly Pan Cover V8 (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/belly-pan-cover-v8-63004.html)

silvermax04 07-18-2013 08:23 PM

Belly Pan Cover V8
 
3 Attachment(s)
Here is one way to add a removable cover to the hole in the belly pan on the V8s. I bought a V6 belly pan and cut a cover out from it. The V6 belly pans don't have the hole but are a solid piece but the indentation from where the hole use to be are still there. I just cut along the indentation and cut out a cover and pop riveted a few pieces of metal on to act as a hinge. Then used a left over bolt and clip from the skid plate installation and that's it no more belly pan hole. Fit fairly well since all of the cover curves and indentations match the hole that is there. Not a big deal just one of those little things that annoyed me and I wanted to cover it up for those days on the beach. Mine is a 2014 but I think the earlier WK2s use the same.

bill_de 07-18-2013 08:33 PM

Re: Belly Pan Cover V8
 
Good idea. I've been of the beach over a dozen times, but have been afraid to look and see what's in there. I'll see if I can take a peek when I get my first oil change.


---

silvermax04 07-18-2013 08:44 PM

Re: Belly Pan Cover V8
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by bill_de (Post 860798)
Good idea. I've been of the beach over a dozen times, but have been afraid to look and see what's in there. I'll see if I can take a peek when I get my first oil change.


---

Thanks, I used one of these cheapy osculating cutters from harbor freight for $15 bucks and it cut through it like butter. (rounded cutting head works best)

Multifunction Oscillating Power Tool - 1.6 Amp, 120 Volt

BobsWK2 07-18-2013 08:46 PM

Re: Belly Pan Cover V8
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by silvermax04 (Post 860791)
Here is one way to add a removable cover to the hole in the belly pan on the V8s. I bought a V6 belly pan and cut a cover out from it. The V6 belly pans don't have the hole but are a solid piece but the indentation from where the hole use to be are still there.

Since there is no hole in my belly pan, are you trying to say that the folks at JNAP installed the incorrect V6 belly pan on my V8 Summit?

If so, time for a buyback.:D

silvermax04 07-18-2013 08:55 PM

Re: Belly Pan Cover V8
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by BobsWK2 (Post 860808)
Since there is no hole in my belly pan, are you trying to say that the folks at JNAP installed the incorrect V6 belly pan on my V8 Summit?

If so, time for a buyback.:D

LoL I think you were one of the lucky ones because you got a solid one with yours and I got the one with the hole :) I didn't take the one off of my V8 to compare it exactly to the V6 before I cut it, but I did compare it somewhat and I think they are the same, one with a hole and one without. But I cant say for sure so no guarantees. I was actually thinking of just throwing the solid one on there when I got it but then I saw the indentations on it so decided to do a little cutting.

bill_de 07-18-2013 08:56 PM

Re: Belly Pan Cover V8
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by BobsWK2 (Post 860808)
Since there is no hole in my belly pan, are you trying to say that the folks at JNAP installed the incorrect V6 belly pan on my V8 Summit?

If so, time for a buyback.:D

There is a new pan, somebody posted pictures, that doesn't even have the outline for the door. It seems they stopped putting the doors on and claimed they were unnecessary, until they ran out of the pans with the openings.


---


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:22 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community