Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   2014 JGC - Edmunds.com Red Flags (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/2014-jgc-edmunds-com-red-flags-63027.html)

jdshaw 07-19-2013 10:13 AM

2014 JGC - Edmunds.com Red Flags

Seriously considering 2014 JGC Limited. Most Edmunds.com consumer reviews are not good - some are dreadful. So - delaying decision until December. What's the problem with Jeep quality control?

providenceautos 07-19-2013 11:27 AM

Re: 2014 JGC - Edmunds.com Red Flags

No idea what to say if you've decided the reports are the norm and not the exception. Jeep's rating with JD Power is just below industry average on problems with new cars. Ford ranks several spots further down the list, if it helps to know.

jacko15 07-19-2013 11:34 AM

I don't think 16 reviews is a valid sample size. But you're entitled to draw your own conclusions.

hemi15 07-19-2013 11:48 AM

The way I see it, if you want the latest technology and be an early adaptor, you have to accept to deal with some glitches. I enjoy the tech toys in GC and also people stares at the car and asks which model is this, is it new etc. If you want to be on the safe side dont buy a first model year of a car, wait for the second. I had 3 brand new first model year cars from 3 different brands, none of them was problem free. It gets better once the manufacturer gets feedback and improves many things.

It is not just the cars, it is almost every mechanic or electronic new gadget/device/product.

Edit: By the way very minority of people will go online and write I have a problem free car but many of the people with problems will go to forums and look for solutions.

Specx 07-19-2013 12:19 PM

I absolutely agree with you hemi15. I bought this vehicle knowing it had a new electrical system and was bringing new features not on other Chrysler vehicles and accepted I would have an issue here and there.

I would expect the same from any first year model by any other automaker out there and the issues will get worked out. I understand too with all the testing they do, there shouldn't be any problems, but these are machines built by people and mistakes can happen leading to problems.

I see the posts from others complaining about how they spent X amount of dollars on this vehicle and how they have problems, but forget the fact that they are the first batch of customers with this vehicle and there will be problems with solutions coming eventually.

Northland 07-19-2013 12:33 PM

I've had my '14 Limited for almost 5 months and over 6K miles; hasn't had to go to a dealership yet for any type of warranty repair. Has it had glitches; yes - but so far I've been able to fix them myself (e.g., trim on rear windows; Uconnect needing updating - thanks to Willx for posting updates!). Love the quiet ride; updated electronics; Hemi V8; and the air suspension (which has worked flawlessly to date).

jacko15 07-19-2013 01:18 PM

Don't forget Chevy's review and poll. And believe me, there are many on this forum who AREN'T JGC fanboys. That's a solid 90% happy campers.

http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/2014-g...iew-57760.html

padgett 07-19-2013 01:21 PM

Having been on the bleeding edge for nearly a half century now, I like to have a known baseline for my advanced technology From that standpoint my '12 has been perfect: all of the technology I need as a basis and a trouble free platform for experiments.

The fact that it has a lot of the same characteristics of an E-Jag doesn't hurt.

mceb 07-19-2013 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hemi15 (Post 861114)

Edit: By the way very minority of people will go online and write I have a problem free car but many of the people with problems will go to forums and look for solutions.

Agree!

yjbeach 07-20-2013 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mceb (Post 861274)
Agree!

Disagree, I have friends that are between 25-35; have issues with their car and don't even consider looking at forums or posting about it. These are working professionals in the DC area: positions range from Financial, engineering, teachers, DOD, etc.

However, there are a lot more "trolls" online and you can't regulate how many screen names a person has.

ChrisOC 07-20-2013 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yjbeach (Post 861700)
Disagree, I have friends that are between 25-35; have issues with their car and don't even consider looking at forums or posting about it. These are working professionals in the DC area: positions range from Financial, engineering, teachers, DOD,

I'm going to have to agree and disagree with you here. I fit into this age bracket and have friends that don't care about their cars. They are just for transportation. You are right, they wouldn't ever go to a forum to find issues. Then again, I have other friends, where they care about their cars and want to know more about them. Whether it is to find out its problems, what mods to do, or just to find out the capabilities of it.

It also depends on the car, if I owned a Toyota corolla, I doubt I would find a forum for it. I would just take it to the dealership when issues arise.

Edit- grammar crackers.

Shannon 07-21-2013 12:53 AM

Jeep makes high quality vehicles. Most loyal jeep owners tout the excellence of a jeep to everyone. People who change to jeep get upset, usually about mostly small cosmetic things. Loyal jeep owners know you are getting a great vehicle for the price.