Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

Lights behind Grill

7K views 14 replies 9 participants last post by  BenReardon 
#1 ·
I have seen others with Off Road/Driving lights mounted behind their grill. I really like this look and am wondering if anyone else has done this? If so, where did you mount the lights? Anyone know of a "How-To" out there? Prob looking into doing this in the next week or so. I have looked at possible mounting positions that both include fabricating and not fabricating a mount plate. Thanks for your help/ideas.

#7 ·
Thanks guys, I am very interested in this mod, I like the look. I dont think I am going to do a brush guard, I think they are too bulky, and even if I did hit something, I have heard they do more damage than good, bending the unibody, etc. I agree with you frankie, I like them better off than on, but day shots are tough to judge. I am sure its completely different at night. I see a couple good spots to mount them. I just need to make sure they fit correctly before drilling and mounting. Prob gonna look into getting this done in the next few weeks. I've got the Mod bug bad, and its not even spring yet!

#13 ·
Thought about it, but you are talking like $500 bucks versus $50 bucks. i'll take $50, I have other bills to pay too, if I lived with Mom and Dad, I would get it hahahaha, but mortgage has to be paid before mods.

#15 ·
hahahaha, anyone know how they mounted the lights? I see where I think they should go, but it looks like they would sit kind of low. I don't know if I would need to pus a spacer in, or fab up a bracket. Thanks guys.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.