Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee SRT - WK2 (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f97/)
-   -   SRT Purchase... MSRP? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f97/srt-purchase-msrp-63032.html)

ChrisUCF99 07-19-2013 12:59 PM

SRT Purchase... MSRP?

I purchased a 2014 Overland. I am considering a 2014 SRT, but refuse to pay MSRP. Local dealers are saying they are selling for HIGHER than MSRP in the Orlando, FL area. Is this consistent with your purchase of a 2014 SRT?

Is anyone getting any "deals"?

RAC88 07-19-2013 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChrisUCF99 (Post 861145)
I purchased a 2014 Overland. I am considering a 2014 SRT, but refuse to pay MSRP. Local dealers are saying they are selling for HIGHER than MSRP in the Orlando, FL area. Is this consistent with your purchase of a 2014 SRT?

You can get invoice or a little below on SRT's. Most of us paid around invoice.

ChrisUCF99 07-19-2013 02:57 PM

Re: SRT Purchase... MSRP?

OK, good deal; thank you for your response.

14StormTrooper 07-19-2013 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChrisUCF99 (Post 861145)

I paid a little over invoice in Fort Worth, TX

geox19 07-19-2013 04:31 PM

I just got off the phone with the dealer I picked up my 2014 overland from in Walnut Creek CA they have a black one fully loaded so the sales man says. Said if I come down before the weekend is over they will sell it to me for invoice. Not sure what their inventory is Atm on the 2014 srt going to look it up now last time I was over there they had 1 black one.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Dadio61 07-23-2013 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by geox19 (Post 861266)
I just got off the phone with the dealer I picked up my 2014 overland from in Walnut Creek CA they have a black one fully loaded so the sales man says. Said if I come down before the weekend is over they will sell it to me for invoice. Not sure what their inventory is Atm on the 2014 srt going to look it up now last time I was over there they had 1 black one.

Just to be clear on terminology, 'buying at invoice' usually means purchasing at the cost the factory charges the dealer. If this is in fact what you are able to do, you should share the dealers name with everyone in the forum, and they'll be lining up to get one.

drumster001 07-23-2013 08:36 PM

I paid invoice and got half the holdback on my 2012 SRT. Shop around in small markets. Dealers get them in their allocations and may not be in a market where someone could/would buy one.

Scottina06 07-23-2013 08:43 PM

^^^^That happened with my 13'......

Not so much on my 14'...but I feel I got an awesome deal.

geox19 07-23-2013 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dadio61 (Post 863531)
Just to be clear on terminology, 'buying at invoice' usually means purchasing at the cost the factory charges the dealer. If this is in fact what you are able to do, you should share the dealers name with everyone in the forum, and they'll be lining up to get one.

Walnut Creek CA. Is not that large of place only has one dealer pretty sure I posted that info. yeah pretty sure I understand invoice. Not sure why I need to share the dealership name with everyone not sure they would give everyone the same price and the dealership is not paying me to promote them nor would I want to create more competition for myself at that dealership I didn't know their inventory at the time. Also just because they say they will sell it to me for invoice that doesn't mean shit until I'm signing papers. My guess is you couldn't get invoice?

Dadio61 07-23-2013 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by geox19 (Post 863549)

Walnut Creek CA. Is not that large of place only has one dealer pretty sure I posted that info. yeah pretty sure I understand invoice. Not sure why I need to share the dealership name with everyone not sure they would give everyone the same price and the dealership is not paying me to promote them nor would I want to create more competition for myself at that dealership I didn't know their inventory at the time. Also just because they say they will sell it to me for invoice that doesn't mean shit until I'm signing papers. My guess is you couldn't get invoice?

Up here we're lucky to get sticker. Difficult to imagine a dealer selling a new release limited run high performance vehicle at cost. Good for you if you managed it. Congrats

geox19 07-23-2013 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dadio61 (Post 863614)
Up here we're lucky to get sticker. Difficult to imagine a dealer selling a new release limited run high performance vehicle at cost. Good for you if you managed it. Congrats

Haven't bought it yet the dealership is, 30 miles away from where I live so I'm waiting for my service appointment Friday to see about buying the srt. Will be sure to post if I got it for invoice most likely won't buy it if it's over msrp though. So will see if they stick to invoice price. Sorry if you can't imagine a dealership selling for invoice I was just letting the OP know what my jeep dealer told me. I've bought more expensive cars then a jeep srt and never paid over msrp.

RAC88 07-23-2013 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dadio61 (Post 863614)

It's not at cost. There's a "hold back" the dealers don't pay Chrysler which is several thousand dollars. Not to mention they hope to make $ back on the service and a trade-in of course. Dealers make money on every angle.