Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Audio/Visual/Navigation (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f155/)
-   -   Voice command for favorites 8.4AN Nav? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f155/voice-command-for-favorites-8-4an-nav-63033.html)

not_too_shabby 07-19-2013 01:04 PM

Voice command for favorites 8.4AN Nav?

Is there a voice command for the 8.4AN to bring up the favorites screen in the nav, or even better a voice command to start navigation to one of the stored favorites? Other than GO home, I haven't figured out how to get to the favorites with voice commands.

jacko15 07-19-2013 02:04 PM

Re: Voice command for favorites 8.4AN Nav?

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by not_too_shabby (Post 861148)
Is there a voice command for the 8.4AN to bring up the favorites screen in the nav, or even better a voice command to start navigation to one of the stored favorites? Other than GO home, I haven't figured out how to get to the favorites with voice commands.

Here they are:

not_too_shabby 07-19-2013 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jacko15 (Post 861189)
Here they are:

I had read through this, but it didn't really answer the question directly. It did just noticed that it says you can say any topic you see on the screen. Maybe I just need to say Go to Navigation, which should display the navigation menu screen, then say Where to, then favorites? I'll try it tonight.

jacko15 07-19-2013 04:59 PM

In the pdf:

“Find [city/favorite/place by category/place by name/
recently found/restaurant/fuel/transit/lodging/shopping/
bank/entertainment/recreation/attractions/community/
auto services/hospitals/parking/airport/police stations/fire
stations/auto dealers].”

Seems pretty direct to me. When you say "find favorite" add the favorite the way it is listed in your favorites. It will bring up the route for your approval. At least it works for me that way.

not_too_shabby 07-19-2013 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jacko15 (Post 861288)
In the pdf:

“Find [city/favorite/place by category/place by name/
recently found/restaurant/fuel/transit/lodging/shopping/
bank/entertainment/recreation/attractions/community/
auto services/hospitals/parking/airport/police stations/fire
stations/auto dealers].”

Seems pretty direct to me. When you say "find favorite" add the favorite the way it is listed in your favorites. It will bring up the route for your approval. At least it works for me that way.

I skimmed over that list and didn't notice favorites was in there. I'll give that a try. Thank you!

not_too_shabby 07-21-2013 01:03 PM

Just a quick update. The find favorite Mom's House(for example) worked fine. The thing that didn't work is trying to use voice commands to display the list of favorites. I could say Show Navigation, which would show the navigation menu, then say "Where to", would take me to the screen with the various ways to enter in a location, but if you say favorites, it then opens up the Sirius XM travel link favorites, not your navigation favorites. As long as you remember the exact name of your favorites then it's not a big deal, but if you don't remember the name, I couldn't get to the favorites screen via voice control.