Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

Thank you Jeep couldn't be happier

7K views 55 replies 25 participants last post by  acilate 
#1 ·
Just thought I'd share a little positivity as there seems to be plenty of negative comments on this forum.

Sorry to all those experiencing problems but...

Our 2014 V8 overland is by far the "best" all around ride we've ever owned. We've had BMW (335's and X5), Tahoe's and several Dodge Ram diesels. We were holding out for the diesel but got tired of waiting.

This thing is comfortable, capable, economical and turns heads everywhere. The transmission is amazing, smooth seamless and fast. Plenty of power from the Hemi, and if you drive like my wife gets 22mpg. Air ride is so plush, never harsh and in OR2 super smooth over nasty ruts, rocks, etc. Pulled a couple ATV's around 80mph for 400 miles, hardly noticed the trailer and got around 15mpg. I would by another in a heartbeat. Job well done, happy as I've ever been at 5000 miles on a new ride, just wish my wife would let me drive it more.

Thanks to those involved, keep up the good work.

#2 ·
Well, without any nit picky gripes you may not get a lot of responses. :)

It is nice to hear about people who are just out enjoying their Jeep.

There may come a time when you will be happy that your wife wants to drive. :)
That's right about the time she will start handing you the keys. :(

Have a nice weekend.

---

#3 ·
Good to hear, I was begining to get a sinking feeling about this very substantal purchase. Even though I really loved my 2005, trans problem and all. Can't wait till mine arives.

#5 ·
Its nice to know that those who have the V8 version are happy more so than those who have the V6 version. I tried to get a V8 version but there was none available in a 180 mile radius.

As they say in that vegetable juice commercial;

"I could of had a V8"

You just order and be patient until it comes in.

---

#8 · (Edited)
Agree the forum has been kind of negative lately but unfortately is the nature of car forums sometimes, OCD folks wanting to vent, trolls and flame wars etc. Feel bad for those with a true lemon but every manufacturer makes a few duds that usually that gets taken care of and made right.

#11 ·
Just thought I'd share a little positivity as there seems to be plenty of negative comments on this forum.

Sorry to all those experiencing problems but...

Our 2014 V8 overland is by far the "best" all around ride we've ever owned. We've had BMW (335's and X5), Tahoe's and several Dodge Ram diesels. We were holding out for the diesel but got tired of waiting.

Congrats!

Glad to hear you are one of many happy Jeep owners.

#15 ·
I never understand comparing ride quality with an older vehicle (unless it was superb). I would hope a 2014 car/truck/ etc. would have better ride quality than a car built 3, 6, 10 years ago.

If you said we currently own a 2014 BMW X5 and the 2014 Jeep grand Cherokee, and the ride quality is better. Then then that's a comparison that holds weight.

On a positive note: I agree with you, the ride quality in this car is far above the vehicles you mentioned.

#16 ·
I never understand comparing ride quality with an older vehicle (unless it was superb). I would hope a 2014 car/truck/ etc. would have better ride quality than a car built 3, 6, 10 years ago.
You would hope, but you wouldn't know. If somebody owns an older version they may be interested in how folks think the new one compares. Even if you don't care, it's still valid. ;)

---

#17 ·
I am with Bill... I liked the ride of my 2006 Envoy Denali, The Yukon I drove after that not as nice and the 2014 Jeep grand Cherokee has an even better ride than my 2009 ML320. I compare them all the same and that is comfort IMO. Frankly I have driven the 2013 ML and though the ML maybe corners a little better I can't get air ride unless I buy the bank so the JGC still wins.

#18 ·
For those looking to buy, don't get caught up in the negative feedback on this forum. there are plenty of 2014 Overland Jeep owners who are very happy with their purchase. i am one who has been fortunate to not experience any of the issues (a matter of fact none). I am now at 6000 miles and can tell you that the quality and built and ride (especially with the air suspension) is head above some of the other luxury SUV vehicles out there. I am coming from the Mercedes Benz family and I can tell you that I am more impressed with my overland than my 2009 ML350. I took a leap changing brands and I am very happy so far.

#20 ·
I actually decided to keep the Cherokee on my list BECAUSE of the thread "2014 GC Totally $#@% dead". What amazed me was that after all those problems, the original poster WANTED ANOTHER ONE! Must be a damn good vehicle when you happen to get a lemon and are willing to give the car, despite the company's slow response, another chance.

Zhe Wiz

#23 · (Edited)
John150 Mine started at 300 miles! A big thump from 2 to 1 . Passenger can feel it also .Service Mgr drove it and felt it. Drove a limited with V6 was not as bad. Was told to drive it more. Did and got worse and worse. Did the reset at 2 different dealerships. Problem not solved. Was told it was preforming at a Neg 10 and normal is Positive 10 for shifting. Field rep does nothing .Says its normal. Dealer wont allow me to bring it in because they feel its normal. In the morning its really bad. Eco off. Lunges and slams 1 to 2 and thumps 2 to 1 at stop then again. No help from Chrysler whats so ever. Worst experience ever !

#37 ·
I asked you nicely in another thread not to "thread crap" on other threads with your rants. I VERY much respect your problems with your Jeep and wish I could solve them for you. I know other members probably do too! If there is anything I can do...please let me know. BUT...this has to stop with ALL of your posts! To me it comes down to mutual respect for your fellow forum members. :thumbsup:

#25 ·
Just tout things in perspective:
I own a 2012 overland and love every second of driving it.
I have 2010 Maserati gran turismo and a Mercedes S500, GL450. The jeep is by far the cheapest car to buy and own, but doesn't feel it. The ride is great, it is fun on and off road, and the amenities are better then the GL and Maserati.
Want remote start, can't get it on the Benz, want keyless go, not on a Maserati.
So whenever you have a bad day with your jeep, remember there are people out there wh paid 3 or 4 times for their cars, and end up haveing more bad days than you : -)
Now when that Waggy comes out, ill have one of those as well.....

Reactions: Willx
#26 ·
I don't want to flame this up but it's plain and simple. This forum represents .000001% of the JGC owners out there. As someone who has business dealings with a chrysler at the Fiat level I can tell you that this is by far one of the best vehicle releases they have ever had. Every manufacturer has lemons. There are a lot of options you can execute if you think you have one. It starts by going to other dealerships and ends with layers involved. Each step has there positives and negatives and its part of the new car world. I am a collector and have a large stable of vehicles starting with the Jeep and ending with vehicles I won at BarrettJackson when I outbid Jay Leno (great guy). I am not usually active on this stuff as I have a lot going on but don't mind helping out when I can. I usually pass the information to a more active member so he can take the time to help everyone else on the forum. I can understand your frustration but please, don't think for a minute it cannot happen with any new vehicle. I bought a 2007 Bentley Arnage T brand new and had issues like you cannot imagine and we are talking about a car that cost me 200k+. I am not trying to brag but only explain that these things happen and there is always a resolution.

#27 ·
MAX Thats great that you are happy with your 2012 Model . Back then they appeared to have gotten it right. I'm a Car guy and have owned 12 in the last 8 years . Including New BMW M5's and Mercedes E63 AMG . Yes the Jeep is Cheap to own but you must admit its not very much fun to deal with a Car company that will not resolve Warranty Issues on there Vehicles. Yes , In the end I will be driving something different very soon. I won't make the same mistake twice .I realize the difference between a Good company and a Bad Company is when there is a problem how fast they fix it . Best of Luck for you Jeep Fans out there.

#31 · (Edited)
You would think with a "thank you couldn't be happier" title that some people would respect this is a cheer thread. Some people just need to spread their misery around though.
When a baby cries, does it respect the rest of the people in the room? I think the moderators need a supply of teething rings that they can distribute judiciously. :p

---

#33 ·
The whiners have a terrible time staying on the whining threads because misery loves company. I have to admit though, that I've had to put hardly anyone on ignore on this forum. My ignore lists on some other forums are pretty long. Although I'm probably mellowing in my old age. ;)

#34 ·
I think the mods are good and the general group is pretty good, I rarely participate to this level but I have found a great deal of mutual respect here and genuine appreciation. I believe that attracts the good folks to stick around and keep the conversation going.

Everybody has bad days and I respect that, so everyone gets their rant. Pooping on the happy kids Christmas present has no leeway with me though. ;)

#35 ·
My hemi overland is the sexiest, smoothest/refined, powerfull, most comfortable suv I have ever been in. Period. The wife and I looked at new X5, ML and GL, and all other brands from $30k to $100k plus, and nothing can touch the new jeep in features and fit and finish... IMO.

Thanks Jeep, I'd say you smashed this one clean out of the park.

#38 · (Edited)
I have to agree with Scott. Going around to 'happy' threads mentioning your problems is probably over the line, and going further, trying to attract others to crap on the happy parade, is just plain wrong.

Back on topic, glad to hear you're loving your Jeep!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.