Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   2011 Jeep GC - lease end decision (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/2011-jeep-gc-lease-end-decision-63103.html)

Sammzway 07-21-2013 06:56 AM

2011 Jeep GC - lease end decision

Hey guys well our 2011's lease is coming to an end very soon. Jeep already started harassing us about test driving a 14 model and sign a new lease. Jeep is mainly my wife's DD and she loves it but we both are very skeptical about the 14s. I read some horror stories about transmission issues and electrical gadget issues. Our 2011 is currently still flawless and has had 0 issues. So I am thinking of buying it out and drive it for another 5 years and then trade it back in. Truck has 42k miles on it. It's a Laredo with x package 3.6l

Honestly speaking , we hate going through the hassle of dealer and salesmen.

Please provide me with your opinion and insight.

marosenb 07-21-2013 07:10 AM

Re: 2011 Jeep GC - lease end decision

Part of your decision should depend on what the buyout is... if it is a lot more than the current values of 2011 Laredo's, then it would not be a smart financial decision to buy it out.

bill_de 07-21-2013 07:33 AM

Simple. If your wife is happy with it and doesn't want a new one keep what you have. As already mentioned, make sure you are buying it at a fair price. Sometimes, even if you pay a few dollars more than for one sitting on a used car lot, it may be worth it. Knowing what you have is worth something.

On the other hand, dealing with salesman shouldn't be a hassle, it should be fun. Just keep in mind that they want your money more than you want their product. Except for those new to the business, once a salesman hears you, respectfully but firmly, say no to something they propose you can have an intelligent conversation about your purchase. If that doesn't happen you just say 'thanks for your time' and walk.

---

Bostondan77 07-21-2013 09:36 AM

agreed with bill_d, if it is a hassle to deal with a salesman walk, you can turn your truck into pretty much any dealer, definitely any jeep dealership. To me car shopping is fun, I love the thrill of making a good deal and seeing what I can get which is in a sense what the salesman is thinking to. But always remember as a friend told me who is in the business... your in control at all times, you don't have to sign a thing nor accept the deal. Regarding keeping the truck I think if everything is lined up and you don't have any problems id hold on to it till all the bugs are worked out of the new jeep 14s which definitely needs more time IMHO. Just make sure you go in there with knowledge of what your buy out is and what your truck is worth.

hope this helps

Sammzway 07-21-2013 09:56 AM

Thanks fellas. I appreciate the help and wise words. The private party value is 25,000 and my buy out is 18,000. I would not feel comfortable purchasing a used vehicle because of not knowing how it was treated by the previous owner. Only way i'd switch is by going into another new vehicle.

Bostondan77 07-21-2013 10:36 AM

what is the trade in value (should be on the same website)? it seems like you are definitely doing alright price and value wise. if I was you id def keep it unless you are having alot problems... buy an extended warranty and call it day and run it to 100,000.

CardinalFan81 07-21-2013 03:26 PM

Yeah you'd be in great shape if you kept it! Do a search on auto trader and I doubt you could even find any Laredo base models for that amount much less Laredo X's! They are still in the upper 26-27k here in my area.

CardinalFan81 07-21-2013 03:28 PM

Hit enter too soon... You can always buy it and wait and see if the 2015's are more reliable as well.

plynn7 07-21-2013 05:56 PM

Did you lease thru Ally and did they add that $2500 buy-out fee to the contract?

adthebadstud 07-22-2013 01:48 PM

Why don't you list it for private sale and see if someone bites for the 25k? Then pay you buyout and then negotiate a new lease for a 14 totally separately. That's my plan with my 14 overland, and what I've done with my previous two acuras. Had positive equity in both and got some money back.

randwats 07-22-2013 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sammzway (Post 862102)
Thanks fellas. I appreciate the help and wise words. The private party value is 25,000 and my buy out is 18,000. I would not feel comfortable purchasing a used vehicle because of not knowing how it was treated by the previous owner. Only way i'd switch is by going into another new vehicle.

You could buy it out, trade it in and still come out ahead. $ 18,000 for a 26X is a fantastic price, even if they add the lease buyout fee. If you both like it, keep it. The WK2's are quickly becoming like the Wrangler with their resale value.