Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Interior/Exterior/Visual (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f176/)
-   -   2014 rocker panel chrome trim (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f176/2014-rocker-panel-chrome-trim-63120.html)

B6770S 07-21-2013 01:42 PM

2014 rocker panel chrome trim

I really would like to add the chrome trimmed rocker panels (exclusive to the Summit) to my 2014 Limited. My dealer ordered a set. I was told they were unpainted Summit rocker panels. I saw them in the box . They were matte black, and although the texture was slightly different from the Limited's, I felt they were a perfect match to the wheelwell trim. When I went to pick up after the install, I was told they were abt 3/4 inch too long on both front and back ends. I did not see them.

The panels have been ordered twice. First set had deep scratches. I was also told that the set that was too long had "dimpled chrome".

Would any of you Jeep experts be willing to confirm that the Summit rocker panels are approx 1 1/2 inches longer than the Limited rocker panels?

Also, if the parts truly are not interchangeable, any suggestions?

As always, many thanks!

Ls9999 07-22-2013 02:21 PM

I do not believe they are interchangeable. The Summit has the same fender flares as the SRT, which changes how the rocker panel meets up with the fenders etc. The SRT and Summit stick out more than the Laredo, Limited, and Overland. The fender flares could probably be purchased, but then they would not match up with the front and rear bumpers.

B6770S 07-22-2013 04:21 PM

Re: 2014 rocker panel chrome trim

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ls9999 (Post 862795)
I do not believe they are interchangeable. The Summit has the same fender flares as the SRT, which changes how the rocker panel meets up with the fenders etc. The SRT and Summit stick out more than the Laredo, Limited, and Overland. The fender flares could probably be purchased, but then they would not match up with the front and rear bumpers.

Thanks Ls9999!

Was so hoping the dealer was mistaken; unfortunately, more often than not, I often know about the 2014 than their service dept.

:-/

Ls9999 07-22-2013 05:28 PM

That is so true about normally knowing more than the service or parts dept at the dealerships!

jorgearturoh 11-12-2013 10:42 PM

B6770S,

Where you ever able to have the Summit chrome trimmed rocker panel installed in your GC Limited? I am about to get my GC Limited and would like as well to install the chrome trimmed rocker panel.

Regards...

jorgearturoh

RI_2014 11-13-2013 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jorgearturoh (Post 929520)
B6770S,

Where you ever able to have the Summit chrome trimmed rocker panel installed in your GC Limited? I am about to get my GC Limited and would like as well to install the chrome trimmed rocker panel.

Regards...

jorgearturoh

It won't work because the Summit and SRT use different body parts then the Overland, Limited and Laredo. When I say body parts, I mean... Wheel well, trim, rockers, bumpers....