Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Engine Performance/Intake/Exhaust (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f196/)
-   -   Blown Engine! (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f196/blown-engine-63168.html)

JeepCreep94 07-22-2013 12:59 PM

Blown Engine!

Well my grandparents took my jeep on a road trip and forgot to put it in neutral and left it in drive and towed in down the road, and apparently it started to smoke and now the engine is completely destroyed and so is the transmission:thumbsup:. SO! what would be a good engine that wouldn't need me to customize the engine bay to extremely, and since my insurance isn't going to cover it I plan on making it into a toy so can someone give me good ideas on what engines i should get?

Frango100 07-22-2013 01:32 PM

Re: Blown Engine!

Quote:

Originally Posted by JeepCreep94 (Post 862753)
Well my grandparents took my jeep on a road trip and forgot to put it in neutral and left it in drive and towed in down the road, and apparently it started to smoke and now the engine is completely destroyed and so is the transmission:thumbsup:. SO! what would be a good engine that wouldn't need me to customize the engine bay to extremely, and since my insurance isn't going to cover it I plan on making it into a toy so can someone give me good ideas on what engines i should get?

Did they leave the transmisson in park while towing it? Are you sure the engine is shot? I can imagine that the transmission is and maybe the T case.

JeepCreep94 07-22-2013 01:53 PM

Idk the story goes they put it in neutral both for the transfer case and the transmission and then they saw smoke after towing it for a while and looked inside and the transmission was in Drive but the transfer case was still in neutral. And i would assume the bottom half of the engine would be shot if it happened like they said

lstowell 07-22-2013 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JeepCreep94 (Post 862753)

Mopar has stroker crate engines with about 265 Hp for the 4.0.
Or, if you want a real toy, get a Monster Forged 4.9/5.0 stroker.

Odd, the engine would go out. The transfer case is arguably toast.

Frango100 07-22-2013 05:30 PM

With the T-case in N the transmission is disconnected from the propeller shafts, so there should not happen anything to transmission nor engine, even with the shift lever in D.
What is the damage to engine and/or transmission? Could the smoke not be caused by the parking brake which was still on?

JeepCreep94 07-23-2013 07:49 PM

Idk theyre in Mass. and I'm in MD right now so until they get back to MD I can only go on what theyre telling me.