Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   Do all if the affiliates require a 30 day wait? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/do-all-if-the-affiliates-require-a-30-day-wait-63183.html)

Jbwrangler 07-22-2013 06:47 PM

Do all of the affiliates require a 30 day wait?

Ready to pull the trigger on a 2014 GC. Having an affiliate code seems to help with negotiations.

Do all of the affiliates require a 30 day wait?

I am seeing conflicting info about treadlightly in particular. Some say you will get your letter the next week that allows you to get the code.

Thanks

GCL2014 07-22-2013 07:04 PM

Re: Do all if the affiliates require a 30 day wait?

We used an affiliate code for our jeep and printed it 2 days before the sale. I am not aware of any waiting period.

Jbwrangler 07-22-2013 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GCL2014 (Post 862972)
We used an affiliate code for our jeep and printed it 2 days before the sale. I am not aware of any waiting period.

GCL2014, where did you get your code? Were you already a member of an affiliate organization?

GCL2014 07-22-2013 08:05 PM

My employer participates. They give us a code and you go to the Chrysler site and it takes 2 minutes. Print the certificate and you are good to go.

I read somewhere that if you are a member of Tread Lightly, that they also have affiliate pricing.

wsu108 07-22-2013 08:14 PM

My sales got the code for me. My employer participates as well. He only copied my work ID, it was very easy.

acilate 07-22-2013 09:28 PM

The 30 day wait is specific to Tread Lightly. If you have it through an employer, you can get a control number immediately.

Edit: I don't know much about Tread Lightly - there may not be a 30 day wait with them. What I do know is that through an employer there is no wait.

Jbwrangler 07-22-2013 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by acilate (Post 863056)
The 30 day wait is specific to Tread Lightly. If you have it through an employer, you can get a control number immediately.

Edit: I don't know much about Tread Lightly - there may not be a 30 day wait with them. What I do know is that through an employer there is no wait.

I didn't word my original question very well. Let me clarify what I am asking. Are there any of the affiliate organizations that anyone can join (like Tread Lightly or Access Fund) that you do not have to wait 30 days to get your code?

Also, for Tread Lightly specifically, do you have to wait 30 days? I read where some get their letter with code within a few days.

acilate 07-22-2013 11:59 PM

Ahh, sorry I don't know. Tread lightly is the only one I know of outside of employers.

Jeep4Ron 07-23-2013 12:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jbwrangler (Post 863110)
I didn't word my original question very well. Let me clarify what I am asking. Are there any of the affiliate organizations that anyone can join (like Tread Lightly or Access Fund) that you do not have to wait 30 days to get your code?

Also, for Tread Lightly specifically, do you have to wait 30 days? I read where some get their letter with code within a few days.

I joined Access Fund ($30 vs. $100 for Tread Lightly) and I think I waited less then the full 30 days. The whole thing was very informal...I called and got transferred to some lady who didn't ask many questions and she immediately read the code over the phone. I don't recall even giving her my name or membership number! I may have said my name, but I'm sure she didn't have time to look it up. No '3rd degree' or anything! It worked for the local dealer and the whole transaction was smooth as silk. :thumbsup:

jacko15 07-23-2013 08:26 AM

I'd see if the dealer would work with you. Tell them they can make a sale now with affiliate pricing, or wait 30 days for you to get a code. They'd be making the sale sooner, but they'd lose the money they'd make from affiliate pricing code. If they need to make some sales now, being close to the end of the month, you might be able to make a deal. Couldn't hurt to try.

Tbirch 08-06-2013 05:39 PM

Does anyone have accessfund company code? It says to call them but noone ever answers. My dealer is waiting on code and can't get him to honor without. Please PM! Thanks.

Tbirch 08-06-2013 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tbirch (Post 870894)
Does anyone have accessfund company code? It says to call them but noone ever answers. My dealer is waiting on code and can't get him to honor without. Please PM! Thanks.

???