Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   2014+ Cherokee-KL (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f216/)
-   -   Trailhawk order banks will open in october (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f216/trailhawk-order-banks-will-open-in-october-63204.html)

RED BEAST 07-23-2013 01:25 PM

Trailhawk order banks will open in october

Just spoke to a factory representative and was told that orders for the new Trailhawk will open the end of September/beginning of October.

Delivery of placed orders will not be until December, at the earliest!:mad:

GunninIt 07-24-2013 11:49 AM

Re: Trailhawk order banks will open in october

Quote:

Originally Posted by RED BEAST (Post 863361)
Just spoke to a factory representative and was told that orders for the new Trailhawk will open the end of September/beginning of October.

Delivery of placed orders will not be until December, at the earliest!:mad:

Hate to call BS, but I'd like some more info on who it is exactly that you spoke to. We just hear so many things, it's always good to verify.

Maybe Milous can verify what you're saying.

Are you also saying that production on the Trailhawks hasn't started? We were under the impression that even though order banks weren't open, didn't mean that they weren't going to be produced yet.

jp467 07-24-2013 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GunninIt (Post 863895)
Hate to call BS, but I'd like some more info on who it is exactly that you spoke to. We just hear so many things, it's always good to verify.

Are you also saying that production on the Trailhawks hasn't started? We were under the impression that even though order banks weren't open, didn't mean that they weren't going to be produced yet.

That's right production of Trailhawks hasn't started yet. Production of 4WD models hasn't stated yet. I myself would be surprised if you saw a trailhawk at a dealer this year.

GCStevestr 07-24-2013 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jp467 (Post 863945)
That's right production of Trailhawks hasn't started yet. Production of 4WD models hasn't stated yet. I myself would be surprised if you saw a trailhawk at a dealer this year.

I hope this isn't true. They are really going to screw the launch of what already is a controversial vehicle if it is. Do they think there is a line of Soccer Moms waiting for the 2WD drives to hit the lot?

The pent up demand will be for the Trailhawks. If the delay is true at least any bugs will be throughly worked out by the time it releases.

:cool:

GCStevestr 07-24-2013 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GunninIt (Post 863895)

This would also fly in the face of what was said at the NY Auto Show (Yes, I know things are subject to change.)

They said that Trailhawks and LTDs would be in production first and the Sport and Latitude would be released later - if I recall correctly.

GunninIt 07-24-2013 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GCStevestr (Post 863984)
I hope this isn't true. They are really going to screw the launch of what already is a controversial vehicle if it is. Do they think there is a line of Soccer Moms waiting for the 2WD drives to hit the lot?

The pent up demand will be for the Trailhawks. If the delay is true at least any bugs will be throughly worked out by the time it releases.

:cool:

We can hope the bugs will be done.

And as for the lineup of soccer moms, I just hope that means steeper discounts once the Trailhawk is released to get things moving. :thumbsup:

GunninIt 07-24-2013 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jp467 (Post 863945)

Again - please provide evidence.

RED BEAST 07-24-2013 02:15 PM

I spoke to a factory representative at the Jeep headquarters. She inquired about the Trailhawk and was responsible enough to call me back with an update.

December delivery seems about right after talking to my dealer!

jp467 07-24-2013 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GunninIt (Post 863987)
Again - please provide evidence.

Well the Trailhawk is a 4WD model and those are not in production yet.

GunninIt 07-24-2013 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jp467 (Post 864122)
Well the Trailhawk is a 4WD model and those are not in production yet.

It's more like this:

Quote:

I spoke with "John Smith" - he's the director of plant operations at the Toledo plant, and he said that on September 13, 2013 that all 4X4 and Trailhawk vehicles would start production, but that actual ordering wouldn't be available until October for retail customers. From start to finish, retail customers can expect their cars sometime in December.
Can you provide some backup like my wannabe conversation above?

jtdelisio 07-27-2013 10:22 AM

I ordered my Trailhawk at the beginning of July. One thing I couldn't get around in my order was the black hood decal. That was mandatory for the initial orders of the trailhawk. I am not expecting to be able to pick up my vehicle until December, but as of right now it's slotted for delivery prior to December.

GunninIt 07-27-2013 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jtdelisio (Post 865480)
I ordered my Trailhawk at the beginning of July. One thing I couldn't get around in my order was the black hood decal. That was mandatory for the initial orders of the trailhawk. I am not expecting to be able to pick up my vehicle until December, but as of right now it's slotted for delivery prior to December.

Good deal. Let's hope it's a lot earlier - say October.