Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Audio/Visual/Navigation (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f155/)
-   -   Verified UConnect Subscription via phone call but no access via JGC (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f155/verified-uconnect-subscription-via-phone-call-but-no-access-via-jgc-63228.html)

RFF111 07-23-2013 09:13 PM

Verified UConnect Subscription via phone call but no access via JGC

OK, so I purchased my 2014 Overland in March and just now got around to checking to see if the actual buttons on the rear view mirror worked as I am scheduled to have 13.19 installed by dealer tomorrow. Sure enough, when I tried to access the system via the button on the mirror, I received a message saying that I was not registered and to call the number provided. I called and verified that I was in fact registered, however, the person who was helping me said that this was not something U-Connect could fix and that I needed to bring it to the dealer. I know others have had this problem and need to know if this is a big deal or something the dealer can easily remedy.

jacko15 07-23-2013 09:23 PM

Re: Verified UConnect Subscription via phone call but no access via JGC

Quote:

Originally Posted by RFF111 (Post 863555)
OK, so I purchased my 2014 Overland in March and just now got around to checking to see if the actual buttons on the rear view mirror worked as I am scheduled to have 13.19 installed by dealer tomorrow. Sure enough, when I tried to access the system via the button on the mirror, I received a message saying that I was not registered and to call the number provided. I called and verified that I was in fact registered, however, the person who was helping me said that this was not something U-Connect could fix and that I needed to bring it to the dealer. I know others have had this problem and need to know if this is a big deal or something the dealer can easily remedy.

Supposedly Uconnect can fix it. I'm waiting for that right now. Read here for more. Read the rest of the thread for updates from this post.
http://www.jeepgarage.org/f155/uconn...tml#post862984

RFF111 07-23-2013 09:27 PM

Thank you!

RFF111 07-23-2013 09:53 PM

OK, they are putting a ticket in on my issue.

StaticFX 07-23-2013 10:03 PM

You might want to wait till 13.19.0 is installed (not sure if what they push will get overwritten with the update) even if it does, just call again lol

Yeah, they do something and poof! works :) lol

RFF111 07-23-2013 10:26 PM

Interesting thing the CSR said to me at one point. He suspected that if I had tried the buttons when I first had gotten the truck, they would have worked. He said this issue seemed to have popped up fairly recently. I have no clue if what he said was accurate because he seemed very overwhelmed and exasperated.

StaticFX 07-24-2013 08:22 AM

The rep i talked to said that it was. They updated their systems - i think it may have caused issues (When i called, she couldnt even look me up by name, had to use the vin)

jacko15 07-24-2013 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StaticFX (Post 863761)
The rep i talked to said that it was. They updated their systems - i think it may have caused issues (When i called, she couldnt even look me up by name, had to use the vin)

Same here, they needed my VIN, and then could cross reference all my info. I'll check later today to see if the update was pushed, if it works, and I'll post here to let you know.

adthebadstud 07-24-2013 09:36 AM

My ticket for this issue was opened on the 12th. They couldn't fix it through Uconnect. Looks like I need a new radio.

jacko15 07-24-2013 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adthebadstud (Post 863810)
My ticket for this issue was opened on the 12th. They couldn't fix it through Uconnect. Looks like I need a new radio.

Sorry to hear that. At least a new radio should take care of any issues, but I know I hope I don't have to have my dash ripped open. Surgery is always a last resort!

RFF111 07-24-2013 12:31 PM

Just to clarify. The ONLY issue I am having is the connectivity to U-Connect via the radio. He had me go through a series of tests before putting in the ticket and everything checked out otherwise. I never had that weird "phone needs service" (not sure that's the exact message). Note the lights in my mirror are are always illuminated but are supposed to go out at some point after start up. I do NOT want a new radio at this point in the event they tell me they can 't fix it.

jacko15 07-24-2013 04:17 PM

Uconnect just called me to say they pushed the update to my radio to fix the "not registered" problem yesterday evening. I tried it this morning and it still says "not registered". She said I needed to start the car, then shut it down and open the door, then close the door and restart for the update to load properly. I kept her on the phone while I did all of that and it was still a fail. She said she would get back to me. I think I may be moving closer to a new radio.