Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   2011+ Dodge Durango-WD (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f177/)
-   -   2013 Durango Crew Order/Availability Question (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f177/2013-durango-crew-order-availability-question-63283.html)

davewg 07-25-2013 08:21 AM

2013 Durango Crew Order/Availability Question

Hi - first post to the forum, and thanks for any ideas on this...

My wife and I visited our local Dodge/Chrysler dealer thinking we were going to trade our Honda Odyssey for either a T&C or GC.

Long story short we wound up driving, and liking a 2013 Durango Crew. My wife isn't the "I need the latest/greatest" type and doesn't feel the need to wait for the 2014s.

So...we're looking for a '13 Durango equipped a certain way and I haven't been able to find one anywhere in our area using the Dodge website inventory tool.

Looking for:
Durango Crew AWD (or Citadel AWD if pricing was right)
3.6 V6
Crew Convenience
Sunroof
UConnect 730N
Trailer Tow Package
Any color except white

Don't want the 20" wheel/tire package, but would consider it if equipped as above.

We'd be open to taking one with the middle row buckets/console, but prefer the bench.

Is it to late in the model year for me to find one this way?
Is it still possible to order a 2013, or do I push my wife to just wait a few more weeks and try and work a deal on ordering 2014?

Thanks - and I look forward to participating here once we have our new truck

Milous 07-27-2013 03:36 AM

Re: 2013 Durango Crew Order/Availability Question

Quote:

Originally Posted by davewg (Post 864406)
Is it to late in the model year for me to find one this way? Is it still possible to order a 2013, or do I push my wife to just wait a few more weeks and try and work a deal on ordering 2014?

Welcome to the forum... ordering for the 2013 models closed a couple months ago. While they'll still be building '13s for a few more weeks, it'll will be tough to find one exactly as you want it. I would highly recommend that you order up a 2014.

The 13s are a model year old now and will take a noticeable hit in depreciation once the vastly improved 2014 models hit the showrooms. This is a major purchase, it would, IMO, be a major mistake to settle for anything less than exactly what you want. You'll regret not waiting for the '14, way too many features, changes and improvements to ignore. Ordering will reopen the Friday after next. In the meantime, I'd review the models/features list again and put together a list of exactly want you want, and order away!

BTW, check out the features availability PDF in the 2014 Durango thread if you haven't already: (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f177/2014-...ges-50844.html).

tomk 07-27-2013 05:04 PM

My suggestion: Order a 2014.

I spent some time with a pre-production 2014 Durango at Carlisle a couple weeks ago, and I think it is worth the wait.

...tom

davewg 07-28-2013 08:58 AM

Thanks for the feedback.

Milous, I did see the PDF. It was very useful. I was able to determine that a '14 Limited with some options would work quite nicely for our needs

I did discover that we would accept a Durango with the Uconnect 430N. My original desire to have e 730N was to have BT and hands free capability which it turns out the 430N has.

It's going to be hard to convince try wife to wait for a 2014 given that there is no pricing available. The current incentives in the 2013s are going to make it even harder to have her wait. The current pricing is very attractive...

I for one agree the upgrades, especially the 8 speed transmission, are probably worth a slightly higher price.

If only the '14s were here now...