Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   Question: Key Fob and Chime (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/question-key-fob-and-chime-63328.html)

Lankness 07-26-2013 09:08 AM

Question: Key Fob and Chime

There are tons of times that I jump out of the Jeep with it running and the chime is driving my wife nuts. Is there a way to turn it off?

Scenario - we're on a road trip and stop at a gas station to grab a bottle of water (surely not gas, this is an SRT after all!). I'll typically pull up, jump out and run in, of course carrying the key fob in my pocket. Inside the Jeep my wife and kids are blasted with the chime saying key fob not detected.

Any ideas? I suppose the drivers wouldn't necessarily notice this, but it might be good for the sanity of all of our SO's. :thumbsup:

berk483 07-26-2013 09:50 AM

Re: Question: Key Fob and Chime

Pretty sure there isn't a way to turn it off. My only suggestion is to leave it in the Jeep when you get out.

GCL2014 07-26-2013 10:00 AM

My wife always reminds me!

Lankness 07-26-2013 10:21 AM

Yea, I could get in the habit of taking it out...but there has to be a way to do it. We can turn off the seatbelt chime, so I would think there would be a method here as well.

n2fire 07-27-2013 11:43 AM

Good questions I can see how that would be annoying.

tony4311 07-27-2013 06:20 PM

I haven't tried this so I don't know if it'll work but can the engine be turned off without the fob in the car?

Todd3.6 08-12-2013 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tony4311 (Post 865656)
I haven't tried this so I don't know if it'll work but can the engine be turned off without the fob in the car?

Yes.
My wife has done that many times when I forget to take the fob out of my pocket before running into the 'stop-n-rob' to pay for snacks.

Specx 08-12-2013 10:21 PM

Try having her keep the other key in her purse on on her? My wife always has the other key in her purse and has never complained about this. I'm not sure if she still gets the chime, but it's worth trying.

Lankness 08-13-2013 07:00 AM

That's probably the best idea I've heard yet. Granted, she'll probably lose it. Or it would be in one of her other purses... HA!
Thanks.

tony4311 08-13-2013 06:19 PM

I did think to try leaving it on and taking it with me and the wife was able to turn it off. I'd say that's easier than putting it in her purse to get lost.

Specx 08-13-2013 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lankness (Post 875011)
That's probably the best idea I've heard yet. Granted, she'll probably lose it. Or it would be in one of her other purses... HA!
Thanks.

True, the fortunate thing for me is my wife tends to buy a purse that goes with everything and will stick with it for a month before changing unless we go out and she needs to match. She tells me all the time she forgets she even has a key since she tosses her purse on the passenger seat and pressed the start button when driving.

BuckeyeSRT 08-14-2013 06:39 AM

put the fob in your cup holder before you get out then put it back in your pocket when you get back