Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/)
-   -   Question about traction control (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/question-about-traction-control-63347.html)

geox19 07-26-2013 05:21 PM

Question about traction control

Few weeks ago I was heading back from Socal to Norcal I was going through the grapevine a very hilly area on I5. I noticed about half way through the grapevine that my traction control warning light came on. I assume that means my traction control turned off or something. So I pulled over when got through the grapevine I shut the Jeep off turned her back on all was fine no more light the rest of the trip. My question is I had the adaptive cruise control on when going up and down some pretty steep hills would that have possibly caused the traction control to have a problem or turn it off? I haven't seen the light since.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

jeepman917 08-27-2013 08:18 PM

Re: Question about traction control

Quote:

Originally Posted by geox19 (Post 865205)
Few weeks ago I was heading back from Socal to Norcal I was going through the grapevine a very hilly area on I5. I noticed about half way through the grapevine that my traction control warning light came on. I assume that means my traction control turned off or something. So I pulled over when got through the grapevine I shut the Jeep off turned her back on all was fine no more light the rest of the trip. My question is I had the adaptive cruise control on when going up and down some pretty steep hills would that have possibly caused the traction control to have a problem or turn it off? I haven't seen the light since.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

interesting. I have a 5.7 also 2k14.. on a recent trip to upstate NY - lots of hills. I had my traction light come on and stay on - also - it disabled adaptive cruise - and - I got a message to service 4 wheel drive system. The light and message have not gone away - 3 weeks later (ive been on vacation).. I took it to teh dealer last week and they said I lost the 4x4 module - and had to order the part. They are installing tomorrow. I know your problem doesnt seem to be the same - but - the common thing is the hilly terrain and throwing the light...

jeepman917 08-28-2013 01:56 PM

well the 4x4 module did not fix it - by the way - for your information that module is under the backseat...

They dont know what my problem is - grounds are good ......

mpetuch 12-29-2013 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeepman917 (Post 884015)
well the 4x4 module did not fix it - by the way - for your information that module is under the backseat...

They dont know what my problem is - grounds are good ......

Did your problem every get solved, my service four wheels drive system just came on my '14 JGC Summit with 1400 miles on it?

Thanks,
Matt

jeepman917 12-31-2013 07:24 AM

Hi Matt. Yes they.fixed it. Was a 4x4 motor assembly. Jeep had to diagnose. Dealer could not. All lights resolved when they replaced the motor... good luck