Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WJ (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f51/)
-   -   Jeep Grand Cherokee (Tire replacement Kits) (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f51/jeep-grand-cherokee-tire-replacement-kits-63381.html)

JeepLover1984 07-27-2013 02:59 PM

Jeep Grand Cherokee (Tire replacement Kits)

My 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited (V8 4.7L) had a flat tire last week and luckily the full size spare was there and in good shape
But the Previous Owner or the dealer I bought it from took the jack and the tire lug nut thingy (The thing you use to remove the lug nuts, Tire Iron?)
Does anyone know the Jeep Part numbers for those two pieces? I am interested in buying the OEM parts that the vehicle was originally shipped with. I want OEM pieces so that it can fit back under where the spare tire goes, Unless I can get something better that will fit there

Thanks

cheapjeep 07-27-2013 03:25 PM

Re: Jeep Grand Cherokee (Tire replacement Kits)

Not sure what year they moved them but just for the hell of it check under both sides of the rear seat.

Frango100 07-27-2013 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cheapjeep (Post 865579)
Not sure what year they moved them but just for the hell of it check under both sides of the rear seat.

X2^. I think they are under the rear seats for all WJ models, isn't it?

bakpakr 07-27-2013 07:51 PM

Yep that is where mine ate located. Just flip up the rear seats.

cheapjeep 07-27-2013 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frango100 (Post 865614)
X2^. I think they are under the rear seats for all WJ models, isn't it?

Not 100% sure buddy but I thought I read somewhere that some of the early WJ's had the jack stowed in the tire well. I honestly can't remember where it was on our '99 but I do know the handle and lug wrench were always under the seat.

Gus9890 07-27-2013 09:43 PM

That stuff is under my passenger side back seat of my '01. You should be able to order OEM replacements and you can always go to a junk yard.

Raptor 07-27-2013 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JeepLover1984 (Post 865574)
My 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited (V8 4.7L) had a flat tire last week and luckily the full size spare was there and in good shape
But the Previous Owner or the dealer I bought it from took the jack and the tire lug nut thingy (The thing you use to remove the lug nuts, Tire Iron?)
Does anyone know the Jeep Part numbers for those two pieces? I am interested in buying the OEM parts that the vehicle was originally shipped with. I want OEM pieces so that it can fit back under where the spare tire goes, Unless I can get something better that will fit there

Thanks

PM me I have what you are looking for, OEM parts brand new never used.

JeepLover1984 08-02-2013 01:52 PM

Yeah I looked everywhere in the truck and I could not find anything
except the spare tire and a couple of weird looking lug nuts (I found four of those, my friend said they are to replace one of the nuts to make it harder to steal the tires but he also said I am missing the "Key" that fits them)

I will try a junk yard next
Thanks