Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Audio/Visual/Navigation (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f155/)
-   -   8.4N POI Screen Freezing / Not Responsive (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f155/8-4n-poi-screen-freezing-not-responsive-63422.html)

clowenthal 07-28-2013 04:43 PM

8.4N POI Screen Freezing / Not Responsive
 
Anyone experience the following:

If I go into the NAV, go to Where To?, go to Points of Interest and then press on Spell Name, about 25% of the time my NAV then freezes on this screen. I can't go back, can't X out, can't do anything other than hit another UConnect function. The only way to clear the screen is to do a voice nav request or to shut down the vehicle and let it sleep.

It's the oddest thing because I can't re-create this every time. It seems to only happen if "Spell Name" is the first button pressed on that screen. If I press any other button (category) first, I've never gotten it to freeze. But if I try it again, it will work. I do it again, it works. Next time it fails. Extremely odd behavior. I tried changing if I were in Park, versus Drive at a stand still vs Drive and moving. I can't successfully recreate it - it's random.

This happened on 13.15.4 and now I'm on 13.19.0 and still doing it. I can't believe it's my unit as all other functions either work fine or are consistent with known bugs.

Please let me know if you've experienced this!

bill_de 07-28-2013 04:52 PM

Re: 8.4N POI Screen Freezing / Not Responsive
 
I had this happen one time. So I hit the assist button and was told my vehicle wasn't registered. I called the phone number on the screen and told the rep what happened. She asked me to hold while she spoke to an engineer. When she came back on the phone she said they would fix the "not registered" issue overnight, which they did. Before I hung up the poi keyboard started working and I haven't had a problem since. She said she didn't fix it, but was glad it was working.

Oddly, at the same time, Yelp would find anything more than 5 miles out ... It started working at the same time.


---

clowenthal 07-28-2013 04:57 PM

Re: 8.4N POI Screen Freezing / Not Responsive
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by bill_de (Post 866089)
I had this happen one time. So I hit the assist button and was told my vehicle wasn't registered. I called the phone number on the screen and told the rep what happened. She asked me to hold while she spoke to an engineer. When she came back on the phone she said they would fix the "not registered" issue overnight, which they did. Before I hung up the poi keyboard started working and I haven't had a problem since. She said she didn't fix it, but was glad it was working.

Oddly, at the same time, Yelp would find anything more than 5 miles out ... It started working at the same time.


---

Hmmm interesting. I've never been able to get the keyboard back - even if I get out of the screen via a voice enabled nav request - if I go back to the screen and hit any button - still frozen. Doesn't hurt to try the Assist button to see if I'm registered or not. Thanks!

Paullee01 11-11-2013 05:41 PM

Re: 8.4N POI Screen Freezing / Not Responsive
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by clowenthal (Post 866085)
Anyone experience the following:

If I go into the NAV, go to Where To?, go to Points of Interest and then press on Spell Name, about 25% of the time my NAV then freezes on this screen. I can't go back, can't X out, can't do anything other than hit another UConnect function. The only way to clear the screen is to do a voice nav request or to shut down the vehicle and let it sleep.

It's the oddest thing because I can't re-create this every time. It seems to only happen if "Spell Name" is the first button pressed on that screen. If I press any other button (category) first, I've never gotten it to freeze. But if I try it again, it will work. I do it again, it works. Next time it fails. Extremely odd behavior. I tried changing if I were in Park, versus Drive at a stand still vs Drive and moving. I can't successfully recreate it - it's random.

This happened on 13.15.4 and now I'm on 13.19.0 and still doing it. I can't believe it's my unit as all other functions either work fine or are consistent with known bugs.

Please let me know if you've experienced this!

I've been having similar problems, nav screen freezes and also vehicle constantly drifts off roadway in nav guidance and continually tries to recalculate route. If you press and hold the radio volume knob and radio tune knob simultaneously for about 10 seconds it will restart the screen. You can do this instead of shutting the vehicle off. I also have the latest update 13.38.52. Only had it GC 3 weeks. If problem continues guess I'll be bringing it in!

clowenthal 11-11-2013 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paullee01 (Post 928496)
I've been having similar problems, nav screen freezes and also vehicle constantly drifts off roadway in nav guidance and continually tries to recalculate route. If you press and hold the radio volume knob and radio tune knob simultaneously for about 10 seconds it will restart the screen. You can do this instead of shutting the vehicle off. I also have the latest update 13.38.52. Only had it GC 3 weeks. If problem continues guess I'll be bringing it in!

Try installing the update again as this has shown to correct issues. Once I updated to 13.38.52, it corrected my POI issues. Also - thanks for the tip on the radio restart!

StaticFX 11-12-2013 07:46 AM

Re: 8.4N POI Screen Freezing / Not Responsive
 
Yeah re-install. if it doesnt help then bring it in... restarting should not be needed.. EVER.

Paullee01 11-12-2013 08:30 AM

Re: 8.4N POI Screen Freezing / Not Responsive
 
Thanks going to re-install.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:14 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community