Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   Latest issue with my '14 Grand Nightmare- Radio Locked Itself (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/latest-issue-with-my-14-grand-nightmare-radio-locked-itself-63463.html)

FD12ME 07-29-2013 12:40 PM

Latest issue with my '14 Grand Nightmare- Radio Locked Itself
 
2 Attachment(s)
Turned the car on for lunch, 8.4 display reads "Radio Locked. Please Start Vehicle."

It's running...The god damned car doesn't even know that it's running...

Epic Facepalm in 4...3...2...1...

jdshaw 07-29-2013 01:41 PM

Re: Latest issue with my '14 Grand Nightmare- Radio Locked Itself
 
Wife and I were seriously considering 2014 JGC. We had awful experiences in 1976 and 1999 with Chrysler products, but were impressed with latest reviews. Looks like it's the same old/same old: shoddy workmanship, no quality control, clueless management, and terrible customer service after the sale. Perhaps we'll reconsider in another 13 years - although at that point we'll be too old to care.

FD12ME 07-29-2013 01:45 PM

Re: Latest issue with my '14 Grand Nightmare- Radio Locked Itself
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by jdshaw (Post 866566)
Wife and I were seriously considering 2014 JGC. We had awful experiences in 1976 and 1999 with Chrysler products, but were impressed with latest reviews. Looks like it's the same old/same old: shoddy workmanship, no quality control, and terrible customer service after the sale. Perhaps we'll reconsider in another 13 years.


I've had a heck of a time with the transmission being clunky (there's 3-4 threads on it here), and and even worse time with the dealerships trying to get them to figure it out. They are some of the most rude, unhelpful people I've ever dealt with...I was issued a Jeep Corporate Customer Representative last wednesday. Her assistant called a left a message, I've called her back two times. Never heard from her-going on day 4. I had a '13 Ford Explorer I sold when I moved-I'd go back to that car in a heartbeat compared to this beast.

emsrescue 07-29-2013 09:28 PM

Re: Latest issue with my '14 Grand Nightmare- Radio Locked Itself
 
My U-Connect just reset itself saying do not touch screen or settings will be erased. I waited and it rebooted. I had just started the car and did not demand anything from it. Does anyone know if the system sometimes goes through an update without us knowing?

jacko15 07-29-2013 10:03 PM

Re: Latest issue with my '14 Grand Nightmare- Radio Locked Itself
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by emsrescue (Post 866805)
My U-Connect just reset itself saying do not touch screen or settings will be erased. I waited and it rebooted. I had just started the car and did not demand anything from it. Does anyone know if the system sometimes goes through an update without us knowing?

Yes, this happens, and it may display some unusual behavior over the next day or so as everything updates.

StaticFX 07-29-2013 10:49 PM

Re: Latest issue with my '14 Grand Nightmare- Radio Locked Itself
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by jdshaw (Post 866566)
Wife and I were seriously considering 2014 JGC. We had awful experiences in 1976 and 1999 with Chrysler products, but were impressed with latest reviews. Looks like it's the same old/same old: shoddy workmanship, no quality control, clueless management, and terrible customer service after the sale. Perhaps we'll reconsider in another 13 years - although at that point we'll be too old to care.

i think the main problem here is the switch to electrical equipment.. like the trans and radio... my 2011 had ZERO issues.

BigWave 07-29-2013 11:11 PM

Radio didn't come on a couple of separate times for me. Turned truck off, waited a few beats, then started up again - all worked. Took it in for first scheduled maintenance and had them check RA4- no issues. Take a look at Wiilx's thread on updates for the unit, very useful.

acilate 07-30-2013 12:20 AM

Re: Latest issue with my '14 Grand Nightmare- Radio Locked Itself
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by FD12ME (Post 866531)
Turned the car on for lunch, 8.4 display reads "Radio Locked. Please Start Vehicle."

It's running...The god damned car doesn't even know that it's running...

Epic Facepalm in 4...3...2...1...

Did you remote start it?

FD12ME 07-30-2013 08:44 AM

Re: Latest issue with my '14 Grand Nightmare- Radio Locked Itself
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by acilate (Post 866852)
Did you remote start it?

Nope. Pushed the button. Pulled the battery cable. let it sit for a while, restarted and the message was gone. Gremlins...

TurboRush 07-30-2013 08:53 AM

Re: Latest issue with my '14 Grand Nightmare- Radio Locked Itself
 
Off topic - when you pull the battery cable do you pull it directly from the battery under the seat or in the engine compartment?

shewstring 07-30-2013 09:18 AM

Re: Latest issue with my '14 Grand Nightmare- Radio Locked Itself
 
You pull the neg cable from under the passenger seat. Just move all the way foward pop the cover and unbolt. Wait 15 minutes for the capacitors to drain and hook back up. If the Radio is doing this frequently, take pictures and provide to dealer service department. Could be a bad radio as Willx has tracked. He has the chrysler STAR case noted in the thread - that should help the dealer get it moving for replacement. The 15 min disconnect will also reset the tranny learning process - could smooth out shifts if you have had rough shifting.

FD12ME 07-30-2013 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shewstring (Post 866973)
You pull the neg cable from under the passenger seat. Just move all the way foward pop the cover and unbolt. Wait 15 minutes for the capacitors to drain and hook back up. If the Radio is doing this frequently, take pictures and provide to dealer service department. Could be a bad radio as Willx has tracked. He has the chrysler STAR case noted in the thread - that should help the dealer get it moving for replacement. The 15 min disconnect will also reset the tranny learning process - could smooth out shifts if you have had rough shifting.

To be fair it was the first time. While many have had Uconnect issues, mine has always been just fine. The plague of my car is the transmission. But I just moved the passenger seat up and pulled the neg connector off. Oddly it comes right off with a pound of pressure no matter how hard i wrench it on hahaha-thank god for the battery box cover which I think is doing most of the work keeping it on when I hit a bump.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:39 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community