Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Export Grand Cherokee 2011+ (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f190/)
-   -   WK2 - remote start down under. (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f190/wk2-remote-start-down-under-63484.html)

imaz 07-29-2013 09:09 PM

WK2 - remote start down under.

Will this kit work on our export models? More importantly do the Australian dealers know how to program these, and the new keyfob?

2011 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Remote Starter Kit Mopar Genuine Brand New | eBay

allypally 07-29-2013 09:19 PM

Re: WK2 - remote start down under.

To date, the local dealers have refused to program the cars for Remote Start, so prior to making any hardware purchases, you should find a dealer is is able to do the programming.

SNUKE 07-29-2013 11:58 PM

I thought that it wasn’t physically possible to do due to changes to our steering column.

Your chances of a dealer getting involved in an illegal modification are nil to zero.
It is illegal in Aus for remote starts (20 demerit points in NSW)

Which is interesting as the HSV F series offers remote start
HSV Gen-F / Driver Environment Technology

allypally 07-30-2013 12:39 AM

I think you might find that it is not illegal to have Remote Start. It is illegal to leave a car running when not being in attendence. Subtle difference.

SNUKE 07-30-2013 01:21 AM

So the steering column is not an issue?
I thought I had read that in these forums somewhere.

I got that HSV thing from Whirlpool where someone also mentions the ADR requirements.

http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum...37456&p=3&#r44

carbontax 07-30-2013 04:07 AM

I read in this forum sometime back a uk wk2 owner getting remote start to work. He didn't plug the connector that goes to RHD steering column and reported it worked.

ENFORCER 07-30-2013 05:30 AM

One of my staff just bought a SSV Redline, and it comes standard with remote start, from 100m away.

The car is locked when started, and cannot be driven away without the key. the car will also stop after 10mins, unless you get in the car and hit the start button. This is EXACTLY the same as our Jeeps. There is no legal reason why it cannot be enabled.
As for the steering column difference, I do not see how this would be the case as the remote start module is plugin and does not rely on the column.

I seem to remember that someone bought the module from the USA, but the dealer refused to flash the car. I wonder who that was and could enlighten us some more.

The '14 models may be different again, so it would rely on someone asking their dealer and getting the parts.

Saudi.SRT8 08-03-2013 11:45 PM

It's the same in GCC ... No remote start for all chrysler - dodge - jeep .
all other manufactures (GMC-FORD-BMW-Mazda) etc. has it !

Why is that !?

robtminor 08-04-2013 12:58 AM

I've posted before on this subject. I live in the US and my remote start times out after fifteen minutes.

I work for Western Star Trucks in Oregon and build right and left hand vehicles. The Aussie trucks are the only rigs that have turbo timers. They are adjustable and allow the rpm's enough time to drop before the vehicle shuts down. Most trucks just have a turbo gauges here and the driver looks at it before manual shutdown. Here, truck drivers leave there trucks running while in the truck stop.

In the electrical world and knowing how harnesses are built, it may be as simple as a plug or wire (or lack of) within a plug.

If you see truck driver outside their rig while it is running, why can't you do the same?;)

SNUKE 08-06-2013 01:14 AM

I knew I wasn't mental about he steering column

See post 10 about someone who purchased, fitted and had a dealer flash the car.

http://www.jeepgarage.org/f190/oem-r...del-54882.html.

imaz 08-06-2013 03:47 AM

Project abandon. Reason not worth while

Sent from my GT-I9305T

Deserthucker 08-06-2013 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ENFORCER (Post 866899)
One of my staff just bought a SSV Redline, and it comes standard with remote start, from 100m away.

The car is locked when started, and cannot be driven away without the key. the car will also stop after 10mins, unless you get in the car and hit the start button. This is EXACTLY the same as our Jeeps. There is no legal reason why it cannot be enabled.
As for the steering column difference, I do not see how this would be the case as the remote start module is plugin and does not rely on the column.

I seem to remember that someone bought the module from the USA, but the dealer refused to flash the car. I wonder who that was and could enlighten us some more.

The '14 models may be different again, so it would rely on someone asking their dealer and getting the parts.

That was nigelh, fitted the kit, then when the dealer looked it up it was blocked in the AUS software.