Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Audio/Visual/Navigation (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f155/)
-   -   So I've had my truck since 3/13, still no Uconnect Apps?!? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f155/so-ive-had-my-truck-since-3-13-still-no-uconnect-apps-63503.html)

doofoo 07-30-2013 10:02 AM

So I've had my truck since 3/13, still no Uconnect Apps?!?

What the heck is going on?

Pandora, I Heart Radio, Slacker, etc still unavailable.

It's been over 3 months now since I got my truck, and these apps are still "Coming Soon".

Anyone have the inside scoop?

bill_de 07-30-2013 10:25 AM

Re: So I've had my truck since 3/13, still no Uconnect Apps?!?

There are a few threads on the topic ... and a search button. :)

But, I don't think there is anything definite.

---

doofoo 07-30-2013 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bill_de (Post 867001)
There are a few threads on the topic ... and a search button. :)

But, I don't think there is anything definite.

---

I'm aware of both the threads and the search function here. :) There just hasn't been any movement in them for a while.

Has anyone questioned Jeep to see if we can get a credit on Uconnect, since we're probably looking at 1/2 of the free year gone before these features come along?

I'll reach out if not, but curious if anyone else has.

StaticFX 07-30-2013 10:40 AM

9/1

has anyone tried just using pandora through BT or USB? (I keep forgetting to try it) because... there is no real point in having the apps, they will be using your data plan to stream the music.

doofoo 07-30-2013 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StaticFX (Post 867013)
9/1

has anyone tried just using pandora through BT or USB? (I keep forgetting to try it) because... there is no real point in having the apps, they will be using your data plan to stream the music.

Some of us still have "Unlimited" data which works great for streaming. :)

StaticFX 07-30-2013 10:58 AM

i did too... till my son wanted an iphone lol.. so i had to can it to add another phone to the plan. But really 2GB is fine... pandora is approx 50mb / hr on 3g... thats like 40 hrs straight before hitting 2gb

no worries about that.

geox19 07-30-2013 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StaticFX (Post 867013)
9/1

Yeah Pandora works through bt. You can always use apps like Rdio that save your music to your phones SD so you don't have to stream. Try out Google music streaming free 30 day trial works great even shows song info on the jeeps screen only bad thing about Google music is it saves your music to your phones internal memory.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

lstowell 07-30-2013 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doofoo (Post 866991)
What the heck is going on?

Pandora, I Heart Radio, Slacker, etc still unavailable.

It's been over 3 months now since I got my truck, and these apps are still "Coming Soon".

Anyone have the inside scoop?

Theory: Since UConnect has likely been prominently mentioned as one of the worst pieces of excrement to infest a vehicle on owner surveys, possibly, just possibly, they are doing the right thing and trying to get the base operating system and standard apps working a bit more reliably before stuffing them full of additional items.

One hopes that is the case anyway....

AZhiCntry 07-30-2013 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lstowell (Post 867204)
Theory: Since UConnect has likely been prominently mentioned as one of the worst pieces of excrement to infest a vehicle on owner surveys, possibly, just possibly, they are doing the right thing and trying to get the base operating system and standard apps working a bit more reliably before stuffing them full of additional items.

One hopes that is the case anyway....

During a call to Uconnect last Sunday I was told the new release date for music apps is Sept 1.

StaticFX 07-30-2013 10:15 PM

Pandora works through USB as well on iPhone. Aldo there are google music apps that are free that stream your music.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

EDIT: to clarify.. this is for the google service that you upload all your music to google (for free up to 20K songs) then just use an app to stream them