Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/)
-   -   Micro2 fuses. Love hate relationship (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/micro2-fuses-love-hate-relationship-63546.html)

nonopr01 07-31-2013 01:45 PM

1 Attachment(s)
This little micro fuse is a pain in the back to get. People is taking advantage of customers in need of this little fuse. This have been selling at double the price of any other fuse a d not available to buy anywhere. My 2014 Overland did not even bring one as spare this is ridiculous, what if my car blows one in the middle of the desert. Jeep is so cheap that not even spare of this sucker are included in your new car even knowing that this are not readily available. Incredible

ChrisOC 08-01-2013 11:34 PM

Re: Micro2 fuses. Love hate relationship

Just curious as to how much $ this fuse is? Either way, if getting stuck in the desert, it may be time to buy a box of random fuses and a couple water bottles. I'm not trying to sound snarky or anything, just saying be prepared when driving through harsh conditions.

nonopr01 08-02-2013 09:10 AM

The problem is that they are not available in any store or parts service dealer.
I had to order them and they have not yet arrive after 3 days.

Scottina06 08-02-2013 09:50 AM

pretty sure nothing that is fused by that will strand you anywhere! All the major systems are protected by much larger modules etc. Even if one of those failed...there are others you could pull and replace to get you out of the "desert"

nonopr01 08-02-2013 03:33 PM

Got the fuse today.
Now my Sunroof opens, auto wipers and auto dim mirrors work.
Wohooooo.

Angler 08-02-2013 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nonopr01 (Post 868914)
Got the fuse today.
Now my Sunroof opens, auto wipers and auto dim mirrors work.
Wohooooo.

Why do you have blown fuses on a 2014 Jeep (don't blast me for asking)?Seems that this would be something that needs warranty attention (whatever is blowing fuses on a new vehicle). :confused:

BobsWK2 08-02-2013 07:51 PM

I thought a couple months ago that someone said the fuses were available at Autozone?

talon38c 08-02-2013 08:27 PM

Deserts in Puerto Rico?:rolleyes:

nonopr01 08-03-2013 08:14 AM

Just an example but i guess you got no imagination.

talon38c 08-03-2013 03:50 PM

Well I do see humor in things. Puerto Rico - > deserts, deserts - > Puerto Rico... nah. Sandy beaches or tropical forests maybe. :rolleyes:

tomk 08-03-2013 04:34 PM

I'm guessing that the Littlefuse sales reps got huge bonuses from their work with Chrysler.

Between the Micro2 fuses and the MCase fuses, we're stuck with single-source problems.

These can be ordered in quantity through distributors (though the MCase fuses seem to have availability issues) .. but someone would have to front the bux and make up fuse kits..

None of my clients have any leverage with Littlefuse, else I'd try to convince them to get fuse kits out (like they have with every other automotive fuse on the planet).

Someone at Mopar needs to create an MCase kit and a Micro2 kit.

...tom