Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/)
-   -   2012 WK2 reliability, it finally happened (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/2012-wk2-reliability-it-finally-happened-63549.html)

nathantw 07-31-2013 03:00 PM

2012 WK2 reliability, it finally happened

I got my 2012 WK2 in November, 2011 and have had zero mechanical problems since. It has been the most reliable vehicle I've owned, hands down. Just recently, though, after 39k miles, I've noticed (and expected it when I purchased the vehicle) that the Quadra-lift might be broken. It has been moving really slow and now it doesn't go into OR1 or OR2. It does goes from aerodynamic to sport okay but no higher. I knew having something like Quadra-lift would be a problem but not this soon. I'm hoping this will be covered under warranty when I finally bring it in to get fixed next week.

Just a quick question, there's no danger in the stability of the vehicle when it's in this state of disrepair, is there? I'm suspecting it isn't, but maybe more knowledgeable people know better.

Thanks.

webspoke 08-01-2013 09:49 AM

Re: 2012 WK2 reliability, it finally happened

You will be fine unless you start getting the 'service air suspension immediately' warnings on the DIC. Your problem is likely a low nitrogen charge or failing compressor, both are simple fixes.

nathantw 08-01-2013 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by webspoke (Post 868227)
You will be fine unless you start getting the 'service air suspension immediately' warnings on the DIC. Your problem is likely a low nitrogen charge or failing compressor, both are simple fixes.

Thank you for your response. I feel better knowing that there's an actual message that pops up if there's a serious problem. It also helps knowing that it's a simple fix. I was thinking I'd be out of a vehicle for 3 days. Unlike many here who have service centers in their city mine is a ways out (miles away). Apparently Jeep thinks that real estate is too high in my city so they shut them all down and are not thinking of returning anytime soon.

CityCrawler 08-01-2013 11:42 AM

What city would that be?

jp467 08-01-2013 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nathantw (Post 867713)
I got my 2012 WK2 in November, 2011 and have had zero mechanical problems since. It has been the most reliable vehicle I've owned, hands down. Just recently, though, after 39k miles, I've noticed (and expected it when I purchased the vehicle) that the Quadra-lift might be broken. It has been moving really slow and now it doesn't go into OR1 or OR2. It does goes from aerodynamic to sport okay but no higher. I knew having something like Quadra-lift would be a problem but not this soon. I'm hoping this will be covered under warranty when I finally bring it in to get fixed next week.

Just a quick question, there's no danger in the stability of the vehicle when it's in this state of disrepair, is there? I'm suspecting it isn't, but maybe more knowledgeable people know better.

Thanks.

Its probably either low charge or a bad compressor. If its a compressor it can be changed out in a day if they have one in stock. As far as the warranty you will probably be out of luck unless you have a service contract.

Wino 08-02-2013 01:36 AM

Anyone else have issues with their QL?

nathantw 08-02-2013 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jp467 (Post 868305)
Its probably either low charge or a bad compressor. If its a compressor it can be changed out in a day if they have one in stock. As far as the warranty you will probably be out of luck unless you have a service contract.

Re: Warranty

Oh, really? That's not good news. I don't know if it's a service contract but I extended my warranty to 7 years but if that was for nothing I'm going to blow a gasket. I'll hope it's not a bad compressor then.

Re: No official Jeep service in my city
That would be San Francisco. I spoke with a repair facility in the city that focuses on Jeeps and he said Chrysler came out to look at 3 facilities to be dealers and they opted out after seeing the real estate prices. I was a little bummed.

chibianh 08-02-2013 11:16 AM

I don't think it'll affect stability. I had the same issue with my 2011 a couple years ago, right before a planned road trip. It ended up being the compressor and the dealer didn't have one in stock. Went on the 3k mile road trip anyway and it was fine. Came back and got a new compressor.. Been flawless since.

nathantw 08-23-2013 10:35 AM

Please forgive my rant but I'm actually kind of an angry-man right now. I got a call from the dealer service desk this morning concerning the repair of the air suspension. Originally he said that it was just a computer board replacement. It wasn't the compressor. Then he found out the 7 year extended warranty was canceled the moment I purchased it when I bought the car. What? So I had to wait a week for it to be activated. I brought the car in yesterday. He called this morning to tell me that there's no air in the system and there must be a leak. In order to find if there is one they need to take out my entire interior! That's not covered under warranty and will probably run me close to $2k. In fact, none of the work being done is covered under the stupid 7 year extended warranty because it's not a Chrysler warranty but some aftermarket one! ARGH! Another thing the salesperson didn't tell me.

So, let's say they find out the hose had a leak and they replaced the part. It's possible THAT PART isn't covered by this crappy extended warranty. I'm about to flip. I spent over $2k for a useless piece of paper. I'm also livid at the part that failed that's causing the problem and that it will cost me out of pocket.

kkreit01 08-23-2013 11:48 AM

I would be livid as well. It sounds like another very shady dealers. I would never buy an extended warranty if it weren't through the manufacturer. I wouldn't ever buy one anyway, but...

nathantw 08-23-2013 01:01 PM

To top it off, the repair will take 2 weeks.

jeepster23 08-30-2013 02:52 PM

What dealer did you buy from and what extended warranty did you buy?