Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Interior/Exterior/Visual (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f182/)
-   -   Tinted tail lights (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f182/tinted-tail-lights-63567.html)

BlackN'Blue 07-31-2013 09:59 PM

Tinted tail lights
 
Has anyone gotten their tail lights tinted? Just curious what they look like on a WK and were you satisfied or hate them. Just trying to figure out if $50 per tail is worth it.. Thanks in advance!

Scottina06 07-31-2013 11:52 PM

Re: Tinted tail lights
 
theres been hundreds of wk's on here with tinted tails.....


try scotts paint and pef. in the vendors forum username ur50slo....he's cheaper than that i think

5280SRT8 08-01-2013 01:50 AM

Re: Tinted tail lights
 
Do it! But just FYI, if you don't get LED tails they have a tendency of warping.

Mine...
http://i1285.photobucket.com/albums/...ps631e1652.jpg

BlackN'Blue 08-01-2013 07:28 AM

Re: Tinted tail lights
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by 5280SRT8 (Post 868098)
Do it! But just FYI, if you don't get LED tails they have a tendency of warping.

Mine...
http://i1285.photobucket.com/albums/...ps631e1652.jpg

I have LED tails. And what % tint is that??

5280SRT8 08-01-2013 01:33 PM

Re: Tinted tail lights
 
They were professionally painted. Essentially, it's clear coat with a small bit of black paint mixed in. They're dark! But with the lights on you can hardly tell they're even tinted.

DKDunn 08-01-2013 06:12 PM

Scott just did mine, 3rd brake light too. Its a med tint...

Before
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/08/02/e9uzanab.jpg

After
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/08/02/ehypytyv.jpg

They came out great

BlackN'Blue 08-01-2013 08:52 PM

Re: Tinted tail lights
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by DKDunn (Post 868472)
Scott just did mine, 3rd brake light too. Its a med tint...

Before
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/08/02/e9uzanab.jpg

After
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/08/02/ehypytyv.jpg

They came out great

YEAH, they look awesome. Ill hit scott up about mine soon!

BlackN'Blue 08-01-2013 08:54 PM

Re: Tinted tail lights
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by 5280SRT8 (Post 868355)
They were professionally painted. Essentially, it's clear coat with a small bit of black paint mixed in. They're dark! But with the lights on you can hardly tell they're even tinted.

Ohh sweet! That's awesome. I was worried if i got a tint from this tint place near me, that it would decrease the light output.

BlackN'Blue 08-01-2013 08:54 PM

Re: Tinted tail lights
 
Would any regular tint hurt the light output?

5280SRT8 08-01-2013 11:24 PM

Re: Tinted tail lights
 
Any time you tint them they're going to slightly Reduce light output. With your LEDs you'll be fine. I've got actual tint on the reverse sections of my Benz tails and its just the right amount to look different

http://i1285.photobucket.com/albums/...psb158376a.jpg

BlackN'Blue 08-02-2013 05:02 PM

Re: Tinted tail lights
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by 5280SRT8 (Post 868641)
Any time you tint them they're going to slightly Reduce light output. With your LEDs you'll be fine. I've got actual tint on the reverse sections of my Benz tails and its just the right amount to look different

http://i1285.photobucket.com/albums/...psb158376a.jpg

Oh alright, thanks. And that looks sweet

nek121328 08-02-2013 05:45 PM

Re: Tinted tail lights
 
Tint always reduces visibility. I want those following me to see my brake lights or 4 ways.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:04 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community