Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   Thanks for everything but I've moved on. (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/thanks-for-everything-but-ive-moved-on-63582.html)

sdsyver 08-01-2013 10:09 AM

Thanks for everything but I've moved on.
 
2011 Grand Cherokee Limited is gone as of yesterday. I traded it in on and 2013 Toyota Tacoma Limited. I really liked the Grand but found it to be a pain in butt not having a pickup around the house. I also found dealing with our local dealer to be anything but a pleasant experience. Long waits and poor service. So thanks for all your input and advice while I learned about my vehicle.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/08/01/ebu7yseq.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/08/01/etu9esen.jpg

Chunderboy 08-01-2013 10:10 AM

Re: Thanks for everything but I've moved on.
 
Good luck. On another note, if you still have those wheels, lets talk....

sdsyver 08-01-2013 11:57 AM

Re: Thanks for everything but I've moved on.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chunderboy (Post 868241)
Good luck. On another note, if you still have those wheels, lets talk....

wheels went with the Jeep Sorry!

Andoskyy 08-01-2013 12:10 PM

Re: Thanks for everything but I've moved on.
 
Love the Tacoma! I'd say good luck with it...but there's no point...it'll treat you very well.

I've had a 1996 tacoma for 3 years now and is up to 160,000 miles and solid as a rock. less rattles than my '14 jeep! haha. bullet proof truck...enjoy!

weck 08-01-2013 12:22 PM

Re: Thanks for everything but I've moved on.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Andoskyy (Post 868295)
Love the Tacoma! I'd say good luck with it...but there's no point...it'll treat you very well.

I've had a 1996 tacoma for 3 years now and is up to 160,000 miles and solid as a rock. less rattles than my '14 jeep! haha. bullet proof truck...enjoy!

Keep an eye on your frame for rust through (not an issue after 2003 IIRC). We lost our otherwise pristine 96 to frame rot. Lucky at least that we qualified for the buyback so Toyota paid us for 1.5 KBB for it. Even then, could not get into something equivalent without kicking in.

To the OP, the Toyota will treat you very well. If you're not on Tacoma Territory yet, best check that site out.

sdsyver 08-01-2013 01:45 PM

Did not know of that group. Thanks. Will check them out. Good news about new truck! Like it so far. Still only 240km on it so I should!

Dabitz 08-01-2013 02:04 PM

Re: Thanks for everything but I've moved on.
 
I'm seriously considering the Tundra. Good choice congratulations.

Andoskyy 08-01-2013 02:40 PM

Re: Thanks for everything but I've moved on.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by weck (Post 868303)
Keep an eye on your frame for rust through (not an issue after 2003 IIRC). We lost our otherwise pristine 96 to frame rot. Lucky at least that we qualified for the buyback so Toyota paid us for 1.5 KBB for it. Even then, could not get into something equivalent without kicking in.

To the OP, the Toyota will treat you very well. If you're not on Tacoma Territory yet, best check that site out.

Had my frame inspected as I was eligible for the buyback. Solid as a rock, but thanks!

Don't forget about tacomaworld and ttora. Tacomaworld is more fun, but ttora is your technical encyclopedia.

Chunderboy 08-01-2013 02:45 PM

Re: Thanks for everything but I've moved on.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dabitz (Post 868378)
I'm seriously considering the Tundra. Good choice congratulations.

I also had a 4th generation 4runner. Gotta admit, that was one of the best made vehicles I have ever owned. Even up until the time that I handed it in at the end of the lease, there were no rattles or squeaks of any kind.. Now that was a well made rig.

jd31 08-01-2013 04:48 PM

Re: Thanks for everything but I've moved on.
 
I still have my 2000 4Runner which has served me well for over 10 years. I still take her to the beach every now and then. I love my new Jeep, but I'm having a hard time letting go of the 4Runner. I may need counseling.

BobsWK2 08-01-2013 08:44 PM

Re: Thanks for everything but I've moved on.
 
Wow, I thought that Tacoma in the photo was at least 5 years old.

When is that model due for a refresh??

ChrisOC 08-01-2013 08:44 PM

Re: Thanks for everything but I've moved on.
 
To the people saying, "solid as a rock", Chevy wants you to pay them for using their slogan on another car. Well, maybe not since its not "like a rock."

Anyways, congrats on the new truck, looks great.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:01 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community