Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Interior/Exterior/Visual (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f163/)
-   -   Skid Plates on an SRT? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f163/skid-plates-on-an-srt-63631.html)

xJoshxx 08-02-2013 09:22 PM

Skid Plates on an SRT?

Coming from a WK2 that had full skid plates and going to the SRT and it has none. Kinda bugs me from my research the WK2 body is the same at all trims.

So the front skid and transfer case skids should bolt right up correct?

Am I nuts or do you guys just not worry about it? My thoughts were the added weight is no difference to the SRT and possibly add some stiffness to it?
:eek:

Carbon6 08-03-2013 01:30 AM

Re: Skid Plates on an SRT?

Quote:

Originally Posted by xJoshxx (Post 869042)
Coming from a WK2 that had full skid plates and going to the SRT and it has none. Kinda bugs me from my research the WK2 body is the same at all trims.

Am I nuts or do you guys just not worry about it? My thoughts were the added weight is no difference to the SRT and possibly add some stiffness to it?

Dude... unless you start putting down some huge HP a skid plate of any kind is only going to hurt more than help due to the weight you are adding. I wouldn't worry about it and sell the skids and use the money to get some mods for your SRT

BigNorm4Life 08-12-2013 09:13 PM

Yeah, What he said.. But not only weight, but you messing with the aero dynamics as well

Sent from BigNorm's iPhone

silvermax04 08-12-2013 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xJoshxx (Post 869042)

I added all of them on to my 14 Summit which you cant order from factory with either. They bolt right up. Shipping weight for all of them was 117 lbs. I didn't notice any difference on the Summit but cant speak for the SRT. Didn't seem like it would take much to puncture those 2 plastic gas tanks under there was one of the reasons I did it.

xJoshxx 08-13-2013 10:03 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Updates,

I added the Front Skid plate and Gas tank skids.

Still Pulling 4.8 0-60 :thumbsup:

gnasty1521 07-29-2014 02:56 PM

Part numbers? Cost?

xJoshxx 08-03-2014 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gnasty1521 (Post 1058655)
Part numbers? Cost?

Same skid plates for the 2011+ GC bought them from Just for jeeps