Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Suspension/Driveline/Brakes (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f172/)
-   -   Lowering 2014 JEEP SRT (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f172/lowering-2014-jeep-srt-63689.html)

GrKBb0Y23 08-04-2013 03:58 PM

Lowering 2014 JEEP SRT

Hey everyone. I just got a '14 Jeep SRT

I want to know what the best way to lower it is.

I know Eibach makes a kit and I have heard good things about it. Some people say they don't notice a difference.

I also heard some other company called Road Magnet makes some lowering springs also. Can anyone tell me what is the better option to go with and why?

Thanks!

Scottina06 08-04-2013 05:57 PM

Eibach is the wsy to go imho. Look at my 13' deep cherry srt build thread. The eibachs are perfect.
The road magnets lower the srt too much and you have too much camber in the rear imho. Artofronize has the roadmagnets....take a look.

14StormTrooper 08-18-2013 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GrKBb0Y23 (Post 869726)
Hey everyone. I just got a '14 Jeep SRT

I want to know what the best way to lower it is.

I know Eibach makes a kit and I have heard good things about it. Some people say they don't notice a difference.

I also heard some other company called Road Magnet makes some lowering springs also. Can anyone tell me what is the better option to go with and why?

Thanks!

I went with Eibachs and I have been very happy with the ride and handling. I wish the rear was dropped another inch. But besides that I'm very pleased.

Artofnoize 08-18-2013 03:59 PM

Each to their own. The Eibachs look almost stock to me. I had them both, I put the RMs on first and loved the look. Ended up selling the Eibachs to Tom. He loves them. Do what you think looks best, it's your ride.

14StormTrooper 08-27-2013 01:53 PM

Re: Lowering 2014 JEEP SRT

road magnet just came out with their medium drop kit which is 1" front and 1.8" rear. I have the eibachs now but plan to order this kit and use my 1.1 drop from my eibachs and put it up front and use the 1.8" from new road magnet kit on the rear.

A-kon 08-29-2013 02:06 PM

I'm also on the fence about springs. It may not be noticeable but in theory, is it bad to mix and match springs front and back?

It seems like the front and rear would not just be about size, but also weight distribution..am I correct?

I was under the impression the springs were designed as a set to improve performance. If I just replace springs in the rear won't that throw things off? Especially if the factory has different specs than the rear...it just seems to be from a performance standpoint it would be best to do all or none.

Hopefully a guru can learn me some lessons because I'm brain-dead on this topic.

GrKBb0Y23 08-30-2013 05:28 PM

thank you!!

cthcarter 08-30-2013 05:40 PM

I have the RM's. I love it. But to each his own...

If you want a low look with a decent ride get the RMs. If you are still looking to tow heavy stuff but not get that much drop. eibachs