Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   2014 Hemi 5.7L Spark Plugs now 100K (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/2014-hemi-5-7l-spark-plugs-now-100k-63698.html)

silvermax04 08-04-2013 09:51 PM

2014 Hemi 5.7L Spark Plugs now 100K
 
I noticed tonight that the 4th edition of the 2014 owners manual has come out for the 2014 Grand Cherokee. Not sure when it came out but seems like I just down loaded the 3rd in April or May or something like that. Anyway one thing I noticed is that they bumped up the change interval on the 5.7L Spark Plugs to 100,000 miles. The 3rd edition says change them at 30,000 miles and 4th edition says to change them at 100,000 miles for the 2014. Maybe they changed plug type for the 2014 or something? Regardless glad they moved it up, probably wont wait all the way to 100K but at least no need to target 30K anymore. Just thought Id pass that on :thumbsup:

peckmv 08-05-2013 06:32 AM

Re: 2014 Hemi 5.7L Spark Plugs now 100K
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by silvermax04 (Post 869823)
I noticed tonight that the 4th edition of the 2014 owners manual has come out for the 2014 Grand Cherokee. Not sure when it came out but seems like I just down loaded the 3rd in April or May or something like that. Anyway one thing I noticed is that they bumped up the change interval on the 5.7L Spark Plugs to 100,000 miles. The 3rd edition says change them at 30,000 miles and 4th edition says to change them at 100,000 miles for the 2014. Maybe they changed plug type for the 2014 or something? Regardless glad they moved it up, probably wont wait all the way to 100K but at least no need to target 30K anymore. Just thought Id pass that on :thumbsup:

If it still calls for the copper core plugs then stick to the 30k plug change. Copper core plugs will never last to 100k.;)

Specx 08-05-2013 11:21 AM

Re: 2014 Hemi 5.7L Spark Plugs now 100K
 
I noticed this as well. Odd, would this change apply to newer builds and older builds should stick to the previous edition? I wish they would get this straighten out before releasing the vehicle/manuals.

silvermax04 08-05-2013 03:00 PM

Re: 2014 Hemi 5.7L Spark Plugs now 100K
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Specx (Post 870066)
I noticed this as well. Odd, would this change apply to newer builds and older builds should stick to the previous edition? I wish they would get this straighten out before releasing the vehicle/manuals.

My guess is that if we have a 2014 model year then we go by whatever the most current 2014 OM edition states. :cool: I checked the current edition of the OM for the 2011-2013 and they still state 30k. Jeep must have changed the plug type for 2014?

tomk 08-05-2013 04:56 PM

Re: 2014 Hemi 5.7L Spark Plugs now 100K
 
My experience on my '07 5.7L is that the plugs get pretty dirty by about 35Kmi, but electrode wear isn't a big problem.

I can't see going 100Kmi on plugs in that engine no matter what kind of plugs they are.

I only have ~2800mi on the '14, so I have not pulled the plugs :) .. I also have a catch can on the '14, which may make some difference.

silvermax04 08-05-2013 05:26 PM

Re: 2014 Hemi 5.7L Spark Plugs now 100K
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by tomk (Post 870203)
My experience on my '07 5.7L is that the plugs get pretty dirty by about 35Kmi, but electrode wear isn't a big problem.

I can't see going 100Kmi on plugs in that engine no matter what kind of plugs they are.

I only have ~2800mi on the '14, so I have not pulled the plugs :) .. I also have a catch can on the '14, which may make some difference.

Agree I would not wait all the way to 100k either but at least now we don't have to feel the need to run out and do them at 30K. only 3700 on the 14 here so nothing to think about for a while lol


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:11 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community