Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Troubleshooting/Problems (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f181/)
-   -   Ran over a curb (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f181/ran-over-a-curb-63762.html)

BlackN'Blue 08-06-2013 12:37 PM

Ran over a curb

2 Attachment(s)
Well...yesterday wasn't the best day i had. It was really late and really dark, and i ran over a curb going about 15-20 mph. It ruined one of my rims and sliced one of my tires. I visited a tire place today and they said it is just cosmetic, which is good. But the wheel looks awful. Thinking about ordering a new wheel and getting it shipped in 2 days before i go off to vacation. Just wanted to share this so no one else has to go threw what i have the past 24 hours :mad:

Baalic 08-06-2013 01:47 PM

This is another reason i opted for 18's on mine.. Taller sidewall, and hopefully more protection for the wheels... That does suck though man..

Tcrizzle 08-06-2013 02:36 PM

Re: Ran over a curb

What vehicle is this tire on. I work for OE wheels in Sarasota, FL and we sell replica wheels for almost cost if you are looking for a replacement.
http://www.oewheelsllc.com/Wheels_3/...ee-Wheel-Black

greenwayer 08-06-2013 02:41 PM

That suck's bro, but I would make sure that there is absolutely nothing wrong with your alignment. Hitting a curb at that speed can cause major damage. Hope your fine.

Tcrizzle 08-06-2013 02:46 PM

Jeep Grand Cherokee Wheel

BlackN'Blue 08-06-2013 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by greenwayer (Post 870765)
That suck's bro, but I would make sure that there is absolutely nothing wrong with your alignment. Hitting a curb at that speed can cause major damage. Hope your fine.

Thanks bro. Im getting an alignment tomorrow morning!

BlackN'Blue 08-06-2013 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tcrizzle (Post 870759)
What vehicle is this tire on. I work for OE wheels in Sarasota, FL and we sell replica wheels for almost cost if you are looking for a replacement.
Jeep Grand Cherokee Wheel

Yeah i actually called them and the said it would match my wheels even tho i got them from factory reproductions. But i'm going to wait until i get back to get a new wheel since there is no real damage to the tire or anything. But THANKS!

BlackN'Blue 08-06-2013 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baalic (Post 870727)
This is another reason i opted for 18's on mine.. Taller sidewall, and hopefully more protection for the wheels... That does suck though man..

Yeah :( Your smart! Im regretting the low profile tires now..

akimball 08-07-2013 12:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackN'Blue (Post 871097)
Yeah :( Your smart! Im regretting the low profile tires now..

nothing to regret! just drive a little more cautious!

my helper drove my work van into a curb the other day and blew the tire out, so it can happen on a regular sized tire too.

BlackN'Blue 08-07-2013 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by akimball (Post 871104)
nothing to regret! just drive a little more cautious!

my helper drove my work van into a curb the other day and blew the tire out, so it can happen on a regular sized tire too.

DAMN, that sucks. But i got my Jeep aligned and it drives the same as it did a week ago. So im all good! ...luckily

greenwayer 08-08-2013 12:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackN'Blue (Post 871639)
DAMN, that sucks. But i got my Jeep aligned and it drives the same as it did a week ago. So im all good! ...luckily

Make sure you dont get the death wobble, it may even appear a couple months down the road (pun intended).

DAVY27 08-08-2013 12:32 AM

dam...just a string of bad luck you're having!

good to hear she drives well!