Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Audio/Visual/Navigation (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f155/)
-   -   Samsung Galaxy S4 Uconnect (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f155/samsung-galaxy-s4-uconnect-63773.html)

NebularMan 08-06-2013 03:48 PM

Samsung Galaxy S4 Uconnect
 
I just bought a 2011 JGCL and have hooked my phone to uconnect and am only able to get phone commands working. Dooes anyone have the S4 steaming audio working?

bumpinjeep 08-06-2013 03:53 PM

Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 Uconnect
 
Yes, granted I have a 2014 but I do have my S4 and it works flawlessly. What exactly are you trying to do and have you synced your phone to your car via blutooth? Once you sync the phone with the Jeep, you should be good to go.

fumblefingers1 08-08-2013 09:07 PM

Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 Uconnect
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by bumpinjeep (Post 870810)
Yes, granted I have a 2014 but I do have my S4 and it works flawlessly. What exactly are you trying to do and have you synced your phone to your car via blutooth? Once you sync the phone with the Jeep, you should be good to go.

My S4 in my 14 also works. If I use remote and start car remotely and the radio is left on a Sirrius station, once I enter the car and the S4 having already been paired switches my RA4 radio to media .
Launch Yelp also works on VR but very poor choices. I was hoping to use it to save my destinations addresses to NAV and save some time. :( BTW the S4 also downloaded the lock, Unlock, horn, start, Cancel app from moparownerconnect.com

StaticFX 08-08-2013 09:30 PM

Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 Uconnect
 
no.. the streaming was terrible in my 2011 (iPhone 4s) it would play, but at double speed and skipping. And USB was no better. Your best bet is to just load up the HD with music. (There might be a SW update for the radio though.. check around)

fumblefingers1 08-09-2013 09:23 AM

Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 Uconnect
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by StaticFX (Post 872304)
no.. the streaming was terrible in my 2011 (iPhone 4s) it would play, but at double speed and skipping. And USB was no better. Your best bet is to just load up the HD with music. (There might be a SW update for the radio though.. check around)

I am not sure what is happening. Since I can not get a signal for my S4 in my home, I set it up to use WiFi preferred but when I called some one with my S4 over Uconnect in the ride, although I could hear them clearly, they could not really hear me and static. I am unsure if I was on WiFi or the carrier network at the time but I was on a rural road. I looked on the apps menu and noticed that in addition to yelp tere was also WIFI listed. I was under the impression that the Uconnect WIFI was a pay extra service from Uconnect unless they are including it free for a while like the Sirrius radio. What say you? :confused: BTW at times the Sirrius radio cut out momentarily on the rural road.

Willx 08-09-2013 09:29 AM

Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 Uconnect
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by NebularMan (Post 870807)
I just bought a 2011 JGCL and have hooked my phone to uconnect and am only able to get phone commands working. Dooes anyone have the S4 steaming audio working?

Which Radio are you Running? If you are running an RHR, you can install 2.136 and it fixes a lot of issues with Bluetooth Streaming. (Give me the radio model lower right corner).

Your Radio likely came with 2.120 and that is buggy as crap. There is also a Gracenotes update to 4118. SOX keeps this up for us.

If you can't find the downloads, let me know and I will cross post the info.

StaticFX 08-09-2013 09:32 AM

Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 Uconnect
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by fumblefingers1 (Post 872564)
I am not sure what is happening. Since I can not get a signal for my S4 in my home, I set it up to use WiFi preferred but when I called some one with my S4 over Uconnect in the ride, although I could hear them clearly, they could not really hear me and static. I am unsure if I was on WiFi or the carrier network at the time but I was on a rural road. I looked on the apps menu and noticed that in addition to yelp tere was also WIFI listed. I was under the impression that the Uconnect WIFI was a pay extra service from Uconnect unless they are including it free for a while like the Sirrius radio. What say you? :confused: BTW at times the Sirrius radio cut out momentarily on the rural road.

you need to pay for the wifi ($10 / day) so im sure it wasnt that. Try it again, but pull over... and check the signal on your phone. If its still staticy (how do you spell that?? lol) then transfer the call to your handset and try talking on that. If its good, then maybe you have an issue with your mic. if its bad, then prob the signal on your phone.

if it sounds good on your phone... hang up, then press the assist button... talk to the uconnect people. if they say its static as well... then maybe set up an appointment at the dealer.


as far as the SXM, yeah.. its common. People have said the signal drops easily (i had it drop under trees!! and it was only a few trees!

fumblefingers1 08-09-2013 09:56 AM

Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 Uconnect
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by StaticFX (Post 872577)
you need to pay for the wifi ($10 / day) so im sure it wasnt that. Try it again, but pull over... and check the signal on your phone. If its still staticy (how do you spell that?? lol) then transfer the call to your handset and try talking on that. If its good, then maybe you have an issue with your mic. if its bad, then prob the signal on your phone.

if it sounds good on your phone... hang up, then press the assist button... talk to the uconnect people. if they say its static as well... then maybe set up an appointment at the dealer.


as far as the SXM, yeah.. its common. People have said the signal drops easily (i had it drop under trees!! and it was only a few trees!

Thanks for your help understanding. I believe the mike is Ok because when I say "launch yelp" Uconnect understands me. I am also having trouble with a very weak signal in my Homelink. My Mighty Mule gates work with their own openers but rarely with the GC. My old GC worked fine. Is there any way to increase signal strength?

fumblefingers1 08-09-2013 09:19 PM

Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 Uconnect
 
Today I also paired my wife's smart phone as #2 on the phone settings and left my S4 as the default. next I turned on my phone and turned my wife's phone off. About 5 minute later I rec'd a call and my blue tooth connection showed 3 bars but the connection was full of static so the caller tried again and then gave up. The caller was on a different network than my phone so I don't know if it is trouble with the Uconnect or cell phone handshake. The caller was in a rural area with one bar and I was in a city. Any thoughts?

The Homelink problem of weak signal is driving me nuts also

NebularMan 08-18-2013 03:42 PM

Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 Uconnect
 
I asked the dealer if the radio had the latest and greatest and they said it did. It's 2.4 something off the top of my head. It's as if the S4 does not see the radio as an audio device but it sees it only as a phone.

Willx 08-19-2013 07:51 AM

Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 Uconnect
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by NebularMan (Post 878314)
I asked the dealer if the radio had the latest and greatest and they said it did. It's 2.4 something off the top of my head. It's as if the S4 does not see the radio as an audio device but it sees it only as a phone.

Go into your settings/information screen and actuall post the version.

fumblefingers1 08-21-2013 10:58 AM

Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 Uconnect
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by NebularMan (Post 878314)
I asked the dealer if the radio had the latest and greatest and they said it did. It's 2.4 something off the top of my head. It's as if the S4 does not see the radio as an audio device but it sees it only as a phone.

My S4 on the 8.4AN radio using the latest version 13.19.0 installed in the GC after 7/15 works and recognizes the S4 for media. Be sure you have bluetooth selected on your S4 and turn off wifi. If you have more than one phone paired, be sure you have selected the correct phone in the phone menu. I forgot to delete my old phone when i paired the S4


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:25 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community