Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/)
-   -   Another Quadra-Lift issue (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/another-quadra-lift-issue-63785.html)

bill_de 08-06-2013 08:46 PM

Another Quadra-Lift issue

I checked version 4 of the owner's manual. As previous versions it indicates that going into sand mode should automatically raise the vehicle to OR1. I mentioned before that it worked that way with my Jeep until I got my first Christmas Tree dash. A couple of people said that they didn't think theirs ever did.

If you leave the vehicle in OR1 and turn off the car, when you restart the car and set it back to sand mode, the Jeep lowers to NRH, then needs to be raised again. If they still put the door in the belly pan I would be less concerned. And, since in previous models (IIRC) sand mode was combined with snow mode, this is not carry over text from my13.

The dealer says that it is working properly. If so, you'd think by version 4 the OM might be right. I think its a case of they all work that way, so right or wrong we'll call it normal.

As many already have figured out, trying to get an honest explanation from Jeep is just about impossible.

Other than that minor annoyance, both sand mode and Quadra-Lift have been working well.

---

jp467 08-06-2013 09:12 PM

Re: Another Quadra-Lift issue

Quote:

Originally Posted by bill_de (Post 871005)
I checked version 4 of the owner's manual. As previous versions it indicates that going into sand mode should automatically raise the vehicle to OR1. I mentioned before that it worked that way with my Jeep until I got my first Christmas Tree dash. A couple of people said that they didn't think theirs ever did.

If you leave the vehicle in OR1 and turn off the car, when you restart the car and set it back to sand mode, the Jeep lowers to NRH, then needs to be raised again. If they still put the door in the belly pan I would be less concerned. And, since in previous models (IIRC) sand mode was combined with snow mode, this is not carry over text from my13.

The dealer says that it is working properly. If so, you'd think by version 4 the OM might be right. I think its a case of they all work that way, so right or wrong we'll call it normal.

As many already have figured out, trying to get an honest explanation from Jeep is just about impossible.

Other than that minor annoyance, both sand mode and Quadra-Lift have been working well.

---

I have owned 3 Grand Cherokees with qudra lift and Rock mode is the only one that raises the ride height as I remember. So the manual might just have a misprint.

Willx 08-07-2013 04:05 PM

So I made a video of this because it seem really silly the way Jeep implimented this. I would like to know if there are any early builds that do go automatically to OR1 in Sand Mode??

The fact that it cancels the OR1 when you reselect Sand is a super pain in the a$$. I mean really, if you park your vehicle do you want it go again, it should stay in the last mode or if it resets, it shouldn't need to automatically drop?? I tried to mimic what Bill talked about and that is parking and getting out and back in. Seems like a waste to need to re-setup how you got it there?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OVbp...ature=youtu.be

ac_cobra 08-07-2013 04:18 PM

If it helps I'm in Australia Overland when I put it in sand mode it goes to OR1 mode.

Greg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Willx 08-07-2013 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ac_cobra (Post 871439)
If it helps I'm in Australia Overland when I put it in sand mode it goes to OR1 mode.

Greg

I think it matters... I doubt the OR Programming would be different from there to here. Bills I think did it initially. Any chance you can take a video of it going to that automatically and post to YouTube. I think Bill's service department thinks they are smarter than him :smh:

ac_cobra 08-07-2013 04:37 PM

Ok will try or send me an email address and I will send it to you?

Greg.

Willx 08-07-2013 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ac_cobra (Post 871448)
Ok will try or send me an email address and I will send it to you?

Greg.

videos are usually too big, but give it a whirl and PM me if you can't get it uploaded.

Hopefully there is some North American Jeeps that do this too.... Any February/March builds around??

geox19 08-07-2013 04:43 PM

Mines a February build and sand mode works just like your video

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

ac_cobra 08-07-2013 04:45 PM

I just checked and it looks like it doesn't in sand mode but does in mud? Sorry guys.

Willx 08-07-2013 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by geox19 (Post 871453)
Mines a February build and sand mode works just like your video

When you go into SAND it does not automatically go to OR1 ?

geox19 08-07-2013 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Willx (Post 871455)
When you go into SAND it does not automatically go to OR1 ?

It does not go into OR1 just stays in Normal. I'll be heading to Pismo beach this weekend so I'll be giving sand mode a good workout.

Willx 08-07-2013 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by geox19 (Post 871457)
It does not go into OR1 just stays in Normal. I'll be heading to Pismo beach this weekend so I'll be giving sand mode a good workout.

Interesting. I understand Bill's did auto OR1 once Sand mode was selected? I am curious if there are others that have this. I will try this on other Jeeps I come across but hopefully there is someone else that it worked like this?